Atomica High

Right. If you are summing - then feeding FOH just your L output, FOH gets all your sound. And any panning settings in any blocks don't affect that because all that gets summed together. The beauty of that is, if you later play somewhere in stereo, you don't have to revisit all the blocks and adjust panning... you just stop summing, and feed FOH both outs, and you have stereo!
I play in stereo at home and many times playing out, FOH only takes mono. I am always having to adjust any blocks that are panned L and R. Rosh has a video on outputs where he recommends Copy L/R instead of Sum L/R due to phase cancelation issues. He mentions the 2290 delay as the example. Are there any other blocks that could give a phase cancelation problem if I switch to Sum L/R? I'd like to just run sum L/R so I am not always changing the panning. I hope I am making sense. Thanks

Fact is, some effects will disappear or get weird when summed to mono, but you're missing half of some others if you use only one side. No free lunch.

Reactions: Rex
I play in stereo at home and many times playing out, FOH only takes mono. I am always having to adjust any blocks that are panned L and R. Rosh has a video on outputs where he recommends Copy L/R instead of Sum L/R due to phase cancelation issues. He mentions the 2290 delay as the example. Are there any other blocks that could give a phase cancelation problem if I switch to Sum L/R? I'd like to just run sum L/R so I am not always changing the panning. I hope I am making sense. Thanks
Chorus

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mono_and_stereo

Okay, thanks all for the info, I have a clearer understanding on how to run to FoH. I am going to set output 1 to copy L/R and copy output 1 to output 2 with output 2 set at copy L/R. Output 2 will go to my wedge with a global EQ setting just for my wedge monitoring. Which leads me to:

Question, I want to send output 1 to FoH and send output 2 to my wedge (Or vice versa)..... Are both the output 1 and output 2 Left XLRs summed to mono? On my old unit, only the 1/4" output 1 would do mono, the XLRs were not.

Also, I know I can I ditch the DI box when running into the snake to FoH from output 1 and 2 XLRs but what about the 1/4" output 1? I assume the 1/4" is unbalanced and need the DI box?

Last edited:
Okay, thanks all for the info, I have a clearer understanding on how to run to FoH. I am going to set output 1 to copy L/R and copy output 1 to output 2 with output 2 set at copy L/R. Output 2 will go to my wedge with a global EQ setting just for my wedge monitoring. Which leads me to:

Question, I want to send output 1 to FoH and send output 2 to my wedge (Or vice versa)..... Are both the output 1 and output 2 Left XLRs summed to mono? On my old unit, only the 1/4" output 1 would do mono, the XLRs were not.

Also, can I ditch the DI box when running into the snake to FoH from output 1 or output 2?
Are you using a lot of presets? Would it be simpler to make mono versions of them?

Are you using a lot of presets? Would it be simpler to make mono versions of them?
I like to run stereo when playing at home. I've been reading through the manual and Wiki, I think I have it down now, just need to know if the Left XLR outs are mono like the 1/4" is. I'm thinking they are, because well....Fractal thinks of everything and rocks!

Back
Top Bottom