Atomica High

Dirty145

Inspired
Was messing around with this model and damn is it juicy now. I dialed it in using my QSC 10.2, so I’m curious to how it translates to studio monitors. Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
So for comparison sake, I tried the Steve Stevens preset with a couple minor tweaks. At about 30 seconds, I kicked on a clean boost in front with an SD-1 to tighten the bottom. Which do you think sounds better? Clip is below

So for comparison sake, I tried the Steve Stevens preset with a couple minor tweaks. At about 30 seconds, I kicked on a clean boost in front with an SD-1 to tighten the bottom. Which do you think sounds better? Clip is below
Both are great the Stevens has more bite and aggression yours is a bit more classic both sound great
Now you just need to double track them and repost :)

I like both. I hear the Stevens as a bit fizzy, though I agree that it would likely sit in a crowded mix well. If you have more room in the mix, your settings have a lot of nice body and a good amount of bite.

My favourite model since I first got my FM3 and now FM9. I had a Helix prior, and really liked the BE-100 model on there (because they had nothing better for this type of tone) and it was good. I went to the BE models in Fractal land (since that was what I liked on the Helix) when I first got my FM3, but also went to the Atomica because of previous Leon Todd videos I had seen while awaiting my FM3. I've barely touched the Friedman's since. For my tastes, the Atomica is just on another level.

It makes for a great rock and even high gain tone (obviously), but it's so versatile I even use it with the gain turned down to 2 or 3 with a Silver Sky and it works so well with a Vintage Strat style neck pickup. It's so dynamic that you don't even need to turn the volume knob, you can just pick lightly and you'll get nice sparkly cleans and then you can dig in and get a nice edge of breakup SRV style tone. I've been using it since day 1 and have went through different cab choices. I started out with Leon's LT TV (can't remember which version) IR. I used it briefly with the YA Greenback 25 and now with the YA Creamback IR. They all work nicely with this model.

Back
Top Bottom