Atomic Wedges in the house...VIDEO

FlyingV said:
Mark,

how will you use the wedges live ?
2 for your sound + one for the rest of the band ?
Or will you try to mix the band in the wedges,too ?

Not quite sure yet. So many possibilities. I could run my two 2x12"s behind me and the powered wedges upfront with my vocal monitor or just go with the wedges behind me, or just the wedges up front with my vocal monitor, or have the wedges up front and use a small mixer and run my vocals through the wedges as well. hmmmm, sounds fun anyway :)

Mark

Hey FlyingV... Did you see how Dweezil is running his four wedges, stood end-up? If you found yourself on a small stage, you could always try this (though you'd lose the angled projection factor). I think he stuck some Home-Depot feet on the small ends.

Hi Mark,

I hope you will change someday your global EQ settings to flat, that we can use your presets with other ones.... ;) :idea:

I haven't compared the SLA, but I have run my Atomics passive with my old Carvin DCM200. They sounded very good like this but the Carvin didn't seem able to produce the same power as the onboard amps had. I'm not knowledgeable enough to compare what some people call "tube watts" to those of the Carvin, but the onboard tube amps pushed a lot harder without clipping. Either way you can't lose really. Get the wedges!

Mark,

why do you prefer the wedges and don´t use the cabs. What is the advantage of the wedge? Can you make that clear?

Thanks
Martin

atomic bay said:
Mark,

why do you prefer the wedges and don´t use the cabs. What is the advantage of the wedge? Can you make that clear?

Thanks
Martin

The wedges sound really good, very true. I will be trying them live for the first time this weekend. I may still use some cabs behind me as well...haven't decided yet, that will be determined at soundcheck. I am quite pleased how they sound at stage volume levels in the studio :)

Mark

Matman said:
I haven't compared the SLA, but I have run my Atomics passive with my old Carvin DCM200. They sounded very good like this but the Carvin didn't seem able to produce the same power as the onboard amps had. I'm not knowledgeable enough to compare what some people call "tube watts" to those of the Carvin, but the onboard tube amps pushed a lot harder without clipping. Either way you can't lose really. Get the wedges!

What's the wattage per side on your poweramp Matman?

Hope Mark gets his PC back today and posts the Patches.
Will use it tomorrow on a gig ( Big stage, will use our Mackie smr450v2 as wedge...., I think one is enough, the 2nd I will use for vocal and rest of the band......)

Regards

Peter

FlyingV said:
Hope Mark gets his PC back today and posts the Patches.
Will use it tomorrow on a gig ( Big stage, will use our Mackie smr450v2 as wedge...., I think one is enough, the 2nd I will use for vocal and rest of the band......)

Regards

Peter

Sorry, dude...my Mac will not arrive until late Friday.....and I'll be out of town on a gig :(

I posted my patches that are "pre" wedge on the Axechange Bank i....just through a parametric on before the cab sim and pull out some bottom end. Remember I have a midi cc on the Mixer block for a vol pedal (ch2 of the mixer)...remove that. Use the Fractal V30 sims with the Royer mic sim. Pull lots of bottom out with the PEQ or with the Global.

I have lots of bottom because I play alot at whisper volumes but when I play live it's ridiculously loud, so I have to adjust the patches.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom