Atomic Wedges in the house...VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Ok so I received my Atomic powered FR wedges and I've been playing around for a few days.. MAN!!!!
First of all I'm the kind of dude that likes to have my pants blowing in the wind, I mean I am ridiculously loud on stage.
I didn't think these could do it, but can they ever. I mean the room was filled with tone, thick multiple 4x12" chest thumping sound.

The presets I'm using in this demo are my typical high gain and clean stuff. I was able to dial in "my tone" without an issue. I wasn't expecting to be able to get that "4x12" room sound pointing at my face but there it was...awesome!

Totally blown away!!!

Video is still processing so it might not be in high def yet :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9eJQnkCvN8&fmt=22

Mark

hey Mark...great as always. How different are your patches to go FR thru the atomics from the previous setup of art power amp and 2X12's? I have a couple guitars with a similar setup as yours (blackouts + emg mid boost) and your previous patches thru qsc k12's did not translate well. did you have to make any major changes?

fatandugly said:
hey Mark...great as always. How different are your patches to go FR thru the atomics from the previous setup of art power amp and 2X12's? I have a couple guitars with a similar setup as yours (blackouts + emg mid boost) and your previous patches thru qsc k12's did not translate well. did you have to make any major changes?

I tried the Cliff filter trick before the amp sim and added a parametric before the cab sim...also reduced the 3 lowest frequencies on the global eq...I think I set the global PA for ON/No thump as well.

I'll post the patches tomorrow with the global settings :)

Mark

Hey Mark, would you mind doing a comparison between the active atomics and passive atomics powered by your sla-2?

great video btw :D

Nice! Now you need a stage video with wedgies in front and atomic powered FR's behind. I bet you get some pretty good lift with that set up.

How are you hooking these up? Output 1 then going out from the wedges to the mixer/PA? Also will be nice to here how you feel about them after you play a show with them if ya don't mind :) and comparing them to the power amp/cab setup.

Mark,

That video just tipped me over the edge and got me interested in those wedges, thank you! Compliments on your sound and playing. Fell in love with the Uber a few days ago also (yes, that thread opened the door).

I watched one of your other videos, would you mind please help me understand your patch-spillover setup and settings? Would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you again!

North said:
Mark,

That video just tipped me over the edge and got me interested in those wedges, thank you! Compliments on your sound and playing. Fell in love with the Uber a few days ago also (yes, that thread opened the door).

I watched one of your other videos, would you mind please help me understand your patch-spillover setup and settings? Would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you again!

Do you have the new Axe Editor? Download the Mark Day solo and spillover rhythm patch from the Axechange (Bank I). Take a look and let me know what questions you have.

You basically have to have an identical Delay block in the next patch you go to but it must be bypassed, then the delay will carry over.
I go one step further and assign a CC mod to lengthen the delay time and feedback as well as increase the delay volume level... I step on that CC on the last note I wish to spillover just before I make my preset change and it makes it much more dramatic than just a regular spillover.

I add a second delay block to the spillover patch so I can still have my regular 500ms delay along with the spillover.

Mark

Great video. I have a pair of these wedges as well. Mark, you really do them justice.

Have you had the chance to use them live yet?

PS: I love the framed Fractal Artists web page on the wall behind you by the way. How great to be listed amongst all those greats!

Matman said:
Great video. I have a pair of these wedges as well. Mark, you really do them justice.

Have you had the chance to use them live yet?

PS: I love the framed Fractal Artists web page on the wall behind you by the way. How great to be listed amongst all those greats!

I hope to use them this weekend live!!!
Thanks Matt :)

It's sure is an honour being a Fractal Artist. I know that I really don't have any business being with players of that caliber. I sure feel lucky and fortunate!!!

Mark

So, what's the speaker configuration of these wedges? Are they 2 way, 3 way, or neither?

axel said:
So, what's the speaker configuration of these wedges? Are they 2 way, 3 way, or neither?

It is my understanding that they are a 12" and horn with a built in crossover.

:)

Mark

Mark,

how will you use the wedges live ?
2 for your sound + one for the rest of the band ?
Or will you try to mix the band in the wedges,too ?

FlyingV said:
Hi Mark,

is your PC back ?
Ready to post the patches ?

Regards

Peter

My MacBook Pro's logic board died, the Apple Store has it now....I should have it back by Wed or Thurs :)

I will post the presets and Global settings.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom