atomic tweeter knob

mgavin

Experienced
sup guys just got my atomic powered wedge in and i noticed that the level knob turns very smoothly and the tweeter knob kind of clicks and isn't as smooth as you turn it... just wondering if this is normal? thanks guys!

I had a similar thing happen with mine.
Turned out that the pot wasn't secured well and it was spinning. I just pulled the plate off, tightened it, and it was fine.
Would be worth a quick look....all you need is a screw driver.

Of course...I have a blown tweeter that I can't seem to get a replacement for...but that's another story.

got this response from mark day:
"I'm pretty sure the control for the horn is a rheostat and that's why it feels "rough" to turn. Mine are the same, totally normal :)" -Mark

i haven't pushed the atomic yet but it definitely feels like "amp in the room" to me! sounds great w. my ultra!! - mg

Yes, it's normal. It's not a smooth pot, it has little increments. Which is great for OCD types... I like it flat, but if you wanted it to be "2 clicks brighter" you can do it.

It probably is a rheostat like Mark said and is being used like a pad. This is a good thing if it's a bit rough because it is not the same as a regular pot because of the amount of power being dissapated by it would destroy a regular pot or worse fry the output transformer.

Back
Top Bottom