Atomic Reactor 112 question

frankiev

Experienced
I have to stay out of pawn stores... Found an Atomic Reactor 112 for 150$ . Anyone useing one ?Are these decent ? Should I go for it?

Decent? Dunno. They discontinued them...

Kidding, Tom!

Please look at the homepage of the owners of this forum, front page slightly to the right side of the screen...

Seriously, Atomics kick ass. New Atomic FRs kick even more ass though.

Turned it on and it makes noise . I offered 120 and they declined . Ill go back tmo and offer 130 .I see it has a left and right input for the modeler of choice ,however its a mono amp with 1 speaker .

Couldnt wait I went back and bought it for 135$. Cleaned it up and plugged it in . Amazingly linear sound ,not very loud though but I didnt expect it to be .It may be that the tubes need replacing .
So now... guess what Im thinking .Yes thats right I now want 2 fratomics .Looking back probably should have saved the 130 to put towards the fratomic ,of course I could always resell it .
The speaker is supposed to be rated for 200watts ....wonder if I could use a bigger amp with it .

18 or 50w? The main reason they were discontinued was some problem (Tom can re-tell the story) with one of the manufactures of the parts for the docking system. I've still got two of the 50w 112 and they sound ok, just a little dark without the tweeter. Take the fratomic and turn off the tweeter and you've got the reactor.

Back
Top Bottom