Atomic FR Wedges in the house...VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Ok so I received my Atomic powered FR wedges and I've been playing around for a few days.. MAN!!!!
First of all I'm the kind of dude that likes to have my pants blowing in the wind, I mean I am ridiculously loud on stage.
I didn't think these could do it, but can they ever. I mean the room was filled with tone, thick multiple 4x12" chest thumping sound.

The presets I'm using in this demo are my typical high gain and clean stuff. I was able to dial in "my tone" without an issue. I wasn't expecting to be able to get that "4x12" room sound pointing at my face but there it was...awesome!

Totally blown away!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9eJQnkCvN8&fmt=22

Mark

VERY Cool !! Thanks for the video !!

Would you mind posting your new Rhythm and lead patches, just as you have them set for the Atomics ? (even with the volume block ) ? Would love to see see how they sound through my monitors and get an idea of the response...

Thanks in advance !!

The powered Atomic FRs can be run passive right? Have you compared running them active VS passive with the SLA-2?

rickboot said:
The powered Atomic FRs can be run passive right? Have you compared running them active VS passive with the SLA-2?
Very curios of this myself, have been thinking of a pair of passive cabinets. I really like my DCM-200 that I am currently using. Have had my system plugged through a full range speaker and it sound's fantastic and also use it through my Mesa 2x12 Recto (minus the speaker sims of coarse!) and that also sounds fantastic, just as good as my Mark IV really. But I have that desire to start using the speaker sims with my "Live" setup.

Mark
Don't know if it's Atomic's, or the position of them in the room or the angle they sit, the location of the mic in the room, maybe where you are standing. The constant tweaking of patches, maybe you you just waxed the floor's or the position of the sun at the time. But to me that is the best tone you have had in a video. Very full sounding, but extremely organic sounding.

Mark, you said all I can think to say with this face:

holycow.png

Wow. Those sound good. I think I see a replacement for my E10P in the near future...

Waiter, I'll have what he's having. :lol:

Exactly what I thought when I saw the video. I want the sound that will give me that face!

EDIT: Uhm, by 'face' I mean 'expression' - that does not mean I have anything against said face however.

So, what's the speaker configuration of these wedges? Are they 2, 3 way, or neither?

Great face. Errr... Expression.
So, still running then Output EQs like you were?

And whatever did you say at 2:31?

Hi Mark,

two wedges for your guitar sound..great !!
And a third one to hear what your band playes ?? :shock: :?

FlyingV said:
Hi Mark,

two wedges for your guitar sound..great !!
And a third one to hear what your band playes ?? :shock: :?

The cool thing is he could run a mini mixer and send the band mix through the same monitors.

Dutch said:
Great face. Errr... Expression.
So, still running then Output EQs like you were?

And whatever did you say at 2:31?

I am still using the Global EQ mostly just pulling down the bottom 3 bands . I also have a PEQ just before the cab sim and that Cliff filter trick before the amp sim.

I was about to post the presets and my Macbook Pro died...no boot no screen. I have an appointment with the Mac store tomorrow :(

Quote:
"wow the G chord just..wow, hits you right in the.....very cool"

:)

Mark

Back
Top Bottom