Atomic CLR

cbellanga

Inspired
Gosh that's good!

I've been using a QSC K8 for some time with great results but the CLR feels like an AX8 extension.. everything just sounds just right out of the box + I'm not getting that mic'ed amp feeling anymore.

Expensive but I definitely think it worth the cash, so much more fun now :)

I only play at home but I've been wanting to get one of those for when it's time to clean out the ears with some volume :D

I only play at home but I've been wanting to get one of those for when it's time to clean out the ears with some volume :D

Well it can get pretty loud if needed :) but it also sounds great at low volume as long as you tweak your EQ a bit to compensate the high/lows

search other threads, lots of quality issues reported. Support is noted to be poor.
Support was not poor for me. It was outstanding. I had one defective digital controller for one power amp. Tom went above and beyond and took care of it in record time.

I've been using them for FOH with an RCF sub. Like any speaker, I had to "get to know them" in order to EQ to preference, but ever since...whew! Loud, pristine, light and compact. Great sound and quality for the price.

3133419+_c8e46ec33470cdc55010a2e290a203c7.jpg

I have had my Neo for about 6 months and love it. Had a first gen CLR years ago and used it extensively with no issues. But I love my Xitone too!

I'm honestly not trying to bring out a war against Atomic. I was simply trying to state to the OP to check all options. I'm sure there are people that have not had issues otherwise none would be sold at all. Regardless if you search google for atomic clr problems, there are a lot of the same issues that creep up. Maybe they have been resolved but I'd hate to buy this product second hand or face the out of warranty period. That's all.

search other threads, lots of quality issues reported. Support is noted to be poor.

Well, IMHO, this statement ^^^ is far less nuanced than what is more likely the reality of the situation. Perhaps more accurately: Some quality issues have been reported, and some have been dissatisfied with customer support.

Between all of the scathing forum posts and all of the glowing reviews, the truth tends to lie somewhere in the middle.

Based on my dealings with Atomic and the unique qualities of the CLR (I purchased 2 active CLRs new, and a pair of USED passive CLRs...performance has been nothing other than stellar in all cases), I can only say that I've got no problems with Atomic and would absolutely purchase their products again, new or used.

JMO, YMMV

Well, IMHO, this statement ^^^ is far less nuanced than what is more likely the reality of the situation. Perhaps more accurately: Some quality issues have been reported, and some have been dissatisfied with customer support.

Between all of the scathing forum posts and all of the glowing reviews, the truth tends to lie somewhere in the middle.

Based on my dealings with Atomic and the unique qualities of the CLR (I purchased 2 active CLRs new, and a pair of USED passive CLRs...performance has been nothing other than stellar in all cases), I can only say that I've got no problems with Atomic and would absolutely purchase their products again, new or used.

JMO, YMMV
What can I say? You try and help people out before they make a purchase and there's always bound to be an argument. I think they sound great.

Pretty much all the problems I've read about have been in communication, not support! What ever the reason messages get sent to his junk folder and he doesn't get them,( which does need addressed)The First CLR I bought sounded really muddy when I first plugged it in . I sent Tom a message and he called me within 5 minutes! Offered to send a new unit out within the hour all expense paid for shipping both ways ,no questions asked! After wards talked me through a check list to find one wire had came loose from the horn during shipping. reconnected, worked perfectly ever since! He still wanted to send out a new one and exchange, but I saw no need. How could anyone ask for better support than that? Actually I've contacted him several times about various questions, I always got a very quick response!

What can I say? You try and help people out before they make a purchase and there's always bound to be an argument. I think they sound great.

Certainly, and your post highlighted only one point of view (negative) with respect to Atomic. You made no attempt to balance that POV, so others here, such as myself, have taken the opportunity to provide that balance. I'm here to "help", too. ;-)

My CLRs are giving me massive headaches. One of them drank all my scotch, the other one is leaving kibbles on my porch. Now all the neighborhood cats are coming around. And Atomic refuses to do anything about it.

Just kidding.

The reported issues were with the 1st generation CLRs. The CLR is now in the 2nd generation (Mark II). It costs less, too.

BTW, support isn't poor. Support is good. The problem lies with their email platform/server.

FWIW. I've had my 1st gen powered CLR Neos for over a year, no problems. Anecdotal? Yup. Could something go wrong? Yup. But my Axe (XL+) has actually had more problems than my CLRs. Again, anecdotal.

Back
Top Bottom