ATOMIC CLR

catscanman82

Inspired
Received an a e-mail that the Atomic CLR Neo was available so I said why not and decided to buy one for my AX8 stemming from the positive reviews from this forum and others. Well, now I know what everyone is talking about. Right out of the box I did not have to make any changes to any of the Fractal presets. What really amazed me was that the distortion models sounded really good and did not blow your head off and overwhelm the amp. I tried power speakers, Studio Monitors, FR CAB ,going into the effects return of a combo amp and this is by far the best sound I've heard. I am a hobbyist and have had a few of the amp models in the AX8 and they sound spot on with the Atomic CLR and that blanket came off the front of the amp that people talk about. I am not an expert by any means and do not have all the knowledge that a lot of the people have on this forum but I spend a lot of time reading these forums to see what is going on and educate myself and this was definitely worth the purchase. And it also sounds great and lower volumes with minor adjustments.​

It doesn't have to be big IMHO, and it should be barely audible.

I have a Turbosound IQ18B. But it's main purpose is to be part of the PA.

Last edited:
I think he's referring to multi-track mixing and/or using monitors that have only 5" woofer and can't reproduce some of the lower freq. that they are "advertising" .... I do know that our FOH system has the guitars lo pass around 80 which is about where the Subs kick in,.. so no guitars in the subs..

And if you use the CLR with Sub for a P.A., you need to set your crossover to 100Hz and not to 80Hz, otherise you lose the 80-100Hz range.

I could be wrong.

I measured it with a reference mic with the X32's built in RTA and it cuts off at 100Hz. Doesn't go down a bit, but cuts off.

Oh I have the original, not the Neo.

I could be wrong.

I measured it with a reference mic with the X32's built in RTA and it cuts off at 100Hz. Doesn't go down a bit, but cuts off.

Oh I have the original, not the Neo.
Something else was going on. Monitors don't sharply cut off below a certain frequency.

yea- the CLR's produce frequencies below 100 Hz for sure Levi. Maybe you had the sub switch on the CLR set to on when you did this test?

Back
Top Bottom