Atomic CLR : Wedge or Cab? + integrating Stomboxes

carlguit

I'm about to order one of these. Was wondering if one of them is '' flatter '' or complements the Axe Fx and Ax8 better?

Also, I just scored a vintage Tube screamer and the hype is real. It does sound better than the reissues, modded ones or boutique clones out there. At least for what I'm using it for ( SRV style ) Not, I know the signal level of the Axe FX loop isn't the same but is there any work around to use the FX loop for this purpose. I actually have a looper ( Glab ) but having it in front of the axe FX isn't convenient to use a Wha or Compressor. Any thoughts?

I have the wedges and the nice thing is I can use them like a cab or like a monitor or up on a pole. You get the best of both worlds with the wedge. My .02

what hussand said, the wedge not only setups like a monitor but can also sit square like the cab and be pole mounted too. I started out the a cab but switched to the neo wedge. I actually sometimes use it at acoustic gigs for vocals and guitar.

Per the designer, both the cab and wedge are sonically the same. Personally I went with the wedge because like the others have said, there's the flexibility of placing it either as a wedge or cab (or on a pole). Plus, the neo is only offered in the wedge if you want the extra weight savings.

BTW, congrats on the vintage TS!

Back
Top Bottom