Atomic CLR = Sonic bliss !!! In depth review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mix on an NS10, and your PPPsFRFR should work any where!!:)

I use a pair of vintage NS10's every day.

They are decent for preset creation too, IMO.

But my mixing room is a treated room. IMO, room treatments can make even a consumer type of speaker like the NS10, produce a decent result.

I use a pair of vintage NS10's every day.

They are decent for preset creation too, IMO.

But my mixing room is a treated room. IMO, room treatments can make even a consumer type of speaker like the NS10, produce a decent result.

Yes, I used it as analogy as if it sounds good on ns10, then it sounds good everywhere else (not just exclusively on ns10).

So if the presets were made on the CLRs, probably it will sounds pretty good everywhere else as much that particular system allows it.

I believe that, the FRFR XiTone and Matrix cabs will translate the tone well.

Wow...this is getting ridiculous. So from what I'm seeing, if you have 1 or more CLR's and you're happy with them keep it to yourself...because the couple of people who couldn't or wouldn't use them correctly or the folks in line to buy one are offended by your happiness...I'm still waiting too, I was just lucky enough to have several friends that bought from the original batch last year and even loaned me one so I could educate myself before buying. Even if posts were intended to be humorous I think "sad" is more accurate. If I bought something, didn't like it, returned it...end of story. Let it go. You got your money back minus shipping. Go be happy with whatever DOES work for you... and post in threads sharing YOUR enjoyment in a constructive manner. Seems to me like some people are miserable because others are happy. Spend the time playing your guitar. I'm sure everyone has plenty to learn and experiment with the Axe II and wouldn't that be time better spent? I really feel for Cliff and co. as well as Tom and Jay cuz I'm sure they've got better things to do than babysit/deal with the BS. Agree to disagree...move on.
Peace.

Yes, I used it as analogy as if it sounds good on ns10, then it sounds good everywhere else (not just exclusively on ns10).

So if the presets were made on the CLRs, probably it will sounds pretty good everywhere else as much that particular system allows it.

I believe that, the FRFR XiTone and Matrix cabs will translate the tone well.

With the midrange push inherent to NS10's it is fairly easy to mix on them.

I put the CLR's up in my studio and calibrated them to Bob Katz K Metering monitor setup spec.

My NS10's are setup with the same spec.

The CLR's are so revealing as compared to the NS10's in the same room at the same calibrated SPL level with the same program material.

It made me laugh at the detail brought out of a mix using the CLR's. They reveal everything about a mix. Efx levels, plugin artifacts, bad tracking, unbalanced EQ, the works. Really an impressive speaker system.

Richard

I have only one at the moment, but later on I will deplete the whole europe batch of CLR to MEEEEE!!!! BWAHAHHAHHHAaa!!!
dr-evil.jpg

Wow...this is getting ridiculous. So from what I'm seeing, if you have 1 or more CLR's and you're happy with them keep it to yourself...because the couple of people who couldn't or wouldn't use them correctly or the folks in line to buy one are offended by your happiness...I'm still waiting too, I was just lucky enough to have several friends that bought from the original batch last year and even loaned me one so I could educate myself before buying. Even if posts were intended to be humorous I think "sad" is more accurate. If I bought something, didn't like it, returned it...end of story. Let it go. You got your money back minus shipping. Go be happy with whatever DOES work for you... and post in threads sharing YOUR enjoyment in a constructive manner. Seems to me like some people are miserable because others are happy. Spend the time playing your guitar. I'm sure everyone has plenty to learn and experiment with the Axe II and wouldn't that be time better spent? I really feel for Cliff and co. as well as Tom and Jay cuz I'm sure they've got better things to do than babysit/deal with the BS. Agree to disagree...move on.Peace.
This sums up that aspect of these conversations completely and entirely. Let it go - share your joy of what you found to work with you on threads actually on that topic. Everyone that disagrees with you isn't some shill, or plant or marketing person. Perhaps, just perhaps, people that take the time to try and test things that actually like them.... just actually like them. Occam's Razor. Consistently trolling threads about the product - that you returned minus shipping - is passive-aggressive baiting and needs to end. Let's work to build community and share experiences; not just spread negativity where none is necessary just to make your point over and over. Well said Paul. I am squarely and entirely in agreement. Enough said about all this.

I put the CLR's up in my studio and calibrated them to Bob Katz K Metering monitor setup spec.

The CLR's are so revealing as compared to the NS10's in the same room at the same calibrated SPL level with the same program material.

It made me laugh at the detail brought out of a mix using the CLR's. They reveal everything about a mix. Efx levels, plugin artifacts, bad tracking, unbalanced EQ, the works. Really an impressive speaker system.

Richard

My experience exactly - thanks for sharing.

Like you I quite like the NS10's for what they are, but the CLRs are an order of magnitude more revealing IMHO.

This sums up that aspect of these conversations completely and entirely. Let it go - share your joy of what you found to work with you on threads actually on that topic. Everyone that disagrees with you isn't some shill, or plant or marketing person. Perhaps, just perhaps, people that take the time to try and test things that actually like them.... just actually like them. Occam's Razor. Consistently trolling threads about the product - that you returned minus shipping - is passive-aggressive baiting and needs to end. Let's work to build community and share experiences; not just spread negativity where none is necessary just to make your point over and over. Well said Paul. I am squarely and entirely in agreement. Enough said about all this.

My two cents -- I do not see the value of your post here and in effect calling people that might disagree with "your" product trollers. Passive aggressive product activism by folks like you are a significant part of the reason why folks get riled up and upset. As a global moderator you need to back off this type of activism.

This is not The Gear Page and I for one do not want to see this forum turned into another Gear Page where a few companies have "preferred status" and god forbid if you do not like the product and say so.

It would really suck if the FAS Forum turned into that.

And to think I was just going to write a nice "update" note saying that certain folks had backed off posting this kind of passive aggressive nonsense for the last 24 hours and things were getting pleasant around here

But no .. Rev Al had to jump in and try to get folks all riled up again.

Dude it is so transparent it is beyond laughable. Stop trying to turn this forum into another Gear Page.

smhih...

jiFfM.jpg

and that's it ??? A very "this is the ending quote from a guy who has more countings on the reply ladder than others.
Don't you you think that your behaviour is a little bit overexagerratet...
What gives you the right to end a thread in this way. I just mean - if you was a modarator you would just have pressed "dead thread".
...or have you some hidden agenda ...???

I didn't end the thread, I commented that the exact behavior some people exhibit (and nicely showcased just now) needs to end. I'm not taking the bait. I'm not 'acting' in any fashion other than trying to be a voice of reason.

This is a review thread. No agenda needed. No trolling necessary. No personal attacks called for. Please read your own posts. It needs to stop. Moderators have asked for you to stop this sort of baiting. Let it go.

Richard

I need to get some "inexpensive" monitors for my home office. Don't need anything fancy --- I am not going to be mixing anything other than maybe a drink :lol

Would the NS10s be a good choice and are they inexpensive?

Thanks

I need to get some "inexpensive" monitors for my home office. Don't need anything fancy --- I am not going to be mixing anything other than maybe a drink :lol

Thanks

I see what you are doing there, trying to get a smaller version of CLR ;)

Reactions: LVC

Thanks

No, the mid-output is as a fart in a fortnight. You really need to push air. Twenty kg. of cole-slaw and some G-string lifting will get you there.

Thanks

To my ears, they have a unique ability to represent an average listening experience. Like the prototypical joe user listening to music.

Around 400-600USD for a pair on ebay.

I was only joking about the NS-10's... but I see I left off the ";-)"

I was never a fan a mixing with them, only throwing a mix over to them to see how they translate... but just personal preference, like everything else... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom