Atomic CLR setup driving me nuts!

I have been struggling to get my sound lately and thought perhaps it was just new updates for the Axe-FxIII. I have a pair of CLRs mkii neos running at practice and I decided to move them to another spot in the room and they sounded terrible, too much buzzy high end. I have an original set of CLRs on the other side for my other guitarist to use so I plugged into them and they sounded really good, tight and punchy. I thought it must be the room so I swapped out the CLRs and put the mkii set over on his side and they sounded muddy and not good so it's not the room so much I figured. I think I need to go another route for speakers. I'm tired of Atomic with repairs and communication plus the inconsistencies. I wish there was an affordable kick ass FRFR that would be the "be all end all", tough, light, match most P.A.'s and end all this nonsense.
I have been real happy with the passive Matrix 2x12's and I run a pair of them. Great sounding frfr's....I found both of them used for a reasonable price.

This isn't the CLR forum. Why would they monitor and reply here at another manufacturer's dedicated forum?
He won’t reply anywhere else, so what’s the difference? I’ve sent numerous pm’s as well as all the emails to their “world class service”.

Probably won't... But I know @Tom King was active here previously and I seem to recall some replies. You never know... ;)

He won’t reply anywhere else, so what’s the difference? I’ve sent numerous pm’s as well as all the emails to their “world class service”.
Sorry it just felt like someone was reprimanding people for not responding and I was mainly meaning this isn't the Atomic forum. Usual disclaimer for got good service years ago from him. Not sure where they are now?

It seems they're still in business, here is the answer i got :
"
Tom King (Atomic Amplifiers)

Oct 4, 2022, 5:09 PM EDT

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in. We're not out of business. Things are starting to get back to normal (what ever that is) post pandemic after some really challenging times (IC/parts shortage, global logistics issues, etc.) . We are excited about moving forward and doing some exciting things in the coming year. We expect to be selling and servicing CLRs for the foreseeable future.. Hope this helps and that you are enjoying yours!

Best,

Tom
"

It seems they're still in business, here is the answer i got :
"
Tom King (Atomic Amplifiers)

Oct 4, 2022, 5:09 PM EDT

Hi Alex,

Thanks for writing in. We're not out of business. Things are starting to get back to normal (what ever that is) post pandemic after some really challenging times (IC/parts shortage, global logistics issues, etc.) . We are excited about moving forward and doing some exciting things in the coming year. We expect to be selling and servicing CLRs for the foreseeable future.. Hope this helps and that you are enjoying yours!

Best,

Tom
"
That's about as vague, vacous and non-committal as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom