Atomic CLR problem

Whoops. I hit post before I could type I was so excited!

That is interesting. Gives me pause about buying one soon...

We're working on some stuff.
latest

We're working on some stuff.

Interesting!

Not that I wouldn't like to see an offering from FAS of an FRFR solution but given that there are so many really good options to choose from already I'm surprised you guys are going to play in a overly saturated market place.

Here's a descent video between of the two I found on YouTube. Guessing you can't really go wrong with either.

Cool vid and a great comparison! though I did find myself smiling a little at how the guys mouth is somewhat connected to his picking hand, kind of a Steve Vai inspired thing i guess.

Cool vid and a great comparison! though I did find myself smiling a little at how the guys mouth is somewhat connected to his picking hand, kind of a Steve Vai inspired thing i guess.

Thanks for posting the video, Sixstring. The different positions of each cab in the small room may alter the sound as much or more than any difference in the actual products. No that they aren't different sounding, but in the video they are drastically different sounding.

In my experience with both, the XiTone's have a slightly darker sound and the CLR's a slightly brighter sound. Before I got my CLR's, when I created my presets on the XiTone's, I would have to roll off some high's on my feed to FOH at gigs. But once I got the CLR's and tweaked my presets on them I could hear the highs that needed to be cut and since then neither myself or the soundguy's have needed to make any EQ adjustments at shows. That being said I leave my CLR's at home to create presets on and gig with the XiTone's. They sound great and are built like tanks.

Thanks for posting the video, Sixstring. The different positions of each cab in the small room may alter the sound as much or more than any difference in the actual products. No that they aren't different sounding, but in the video they are drastically different sounding.

Is that you in the vid? I didn't post it up just quoted bishop5150's post he's the one that found and posted it up. It is however a good comparison vid of the two speakers as you get the basic idea.

Is that you in the vid? I didn't post it up just quoted bishop5150's post he's the one that found and posted it up. It is however a good comparison vid of the two speakers as you get the basic idea.
No, not me. Just interested in the FRFR options and it's not easy to step out and try them both side by side. so thanks to bishop for posting and you for quoting it.

Wow I had no idea so many CLR owners were experiencing defective units/'intermittent' problems.

Great to hear Cliff getting into the monitor game.

Eh...

You guys are aware that going from "working on some stuff" to "available now in our store" can easily take a year, maybe two?

Last edited:
A FA-designed loudspeaker will never match, let alone surpass the performance of a Jay Mitchell designed loudspeaker! Mark my words! Mark my words!

Back
Top Bottom