Atomic CLR potentiometer mod question..

jazzgtrl4

Experienced
I dont think this has been done but would there be a way to switch out the pots to ones that click or have a stop point at every dot??. Kinda wish they had this as when im transporting them i always end up bumping one of them and have to reach down and reset it, not that its a big deal but would be so much better if they upgraded to these type of pots i believe. any ideas.

What about either removing the knob, or gluing something around the knob so it couldn't be turned without trying

Pull the knobs, find a rubber o-ring that fits around the pot shaft snugly, put the knobs back on tightly down on the rubber. This creates resistance so the knob won't spin as easily. Easy, cheap and it works.

ORINGS4.jpg

(edit) of course the other solution is to get a passive monitor in the first place.. keep all your knobs and AC connectors in the rack, on the amp, with your Axe-Fx. Just sayin :)

Last edited:
Pull the knobs, find a rubber o-ring that fits around the pot shaft snugly, put the knobs back on tightly down on the rubber. This creates resistance so the knob won't spin as easily. Easy, cheap and it works.

ORINGS4.jpg

(edit) of course the other solution is to get a passive monitor in the first place.. keep all your knobs and AC connectors in the rack, on the amp, with your Axe-Fx. Just sayin :)

And I thought I was the only one. It does work great, and you can stack them if one doesn't span the gap.

Back
Top Bottom