Atomic CLR - no longer being sold?

jamn4jc

Experienced
I'm afraid I know the answer to this... is Atomic no longer selling the Active Wedge (not Neo)? The only speaker I see available on their website is the active Neo wedge. That's a lot of other options that are no longer available.

My Atomic CLR Active Wedge is on the fritz and I was hoping to buy a backup. Even with everything disconnected, all I get is an intermittent crackling, spitting, sound.

Just got this email. They are discontinuing everything but the Neo. For now, the Neo is the same price, $999.

Happy Cyber Monday!

GREAT NEWS! CLRs are finally back in stock!!!

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Atomic has gone totally insane this Cyber Monday and has an offer that will certainly make the wait for CLRs worth it. Here's the scoop:

First, we are excited to officially announce the CLR MKII. It is the result of years of refining our best-in-class (and beyond) CLR loudspeaker to make it play louder and run cooler while maintaining or enhancing its legendary performance characteristics.

Second, we're trimming the line down to just our most popular product, the feather weight, amazing, active CLR NEO.

Third (and this is the crazy part), we're offering a Cyber Monday discount coupon for $400 off, making the CLR NEO the same $999.95 price as the standard, much heavier ferrite magnet model.

This offer is good only while supplies last. These will not last long so:

click here to go to the CLR NEO purchase page and get your's now!

Don't forget to use coupon code 'CLRCYBER' at checkout for the discount.

Orders are shipped in the order they are received and within 3 business days via UPS ground. We do not ship to PO Box addresses.

Thank you!

Best,

Tom King

CEO/Founder

Atomic Amplifiers

www.atomicamps.com

* If you didn't received this message in time or are unable to place your order immediately please contact orders@atomicamps.com and we'll do our best to accommodate you.

@jamn4jc let me get this straight 'my CLR is on the fritz' and your buying another?

No, I am not. However, this email does answer my questions and is why I shared it. They are scaling back on the product offerings.

I have another active CLR cube that has functioned fine for several years, so there is some want/desire to have matching speakers. However, after this issue and seeing similar reports of quality and support issues, I am looking elsewhere. Time will tell, but hopefully, the MKII address the quality issues.

Yeah its really a roll of the dice. I am wondering if there are any non defective CLR's out there?
of course there are....you only hear about them when there are issues. no one logs onto a forum to say "hey guys, just wanted to update and let you know things are functioning as expected"

Yeah its really a roll of the dice. I am wondering if there are any non defective CLR's out there?
I bought two Neos about 9 months ago. They've been used in many configurations--backline, floor wedge for guitar, floor wedge for vocals, makeshift PA for band practice. They have been working flawlessly.

I'm one for two, I'm still hoping to revive the defective Neo that tom may or may not have sent the correct fix for (any Miami area gear heads willing to help me(that is, do all the work..)reassemble it...? My original CLR has always been trouble free.

Back
Top Bottom