Atomic CLR Neo with Axe-Fx 3?

leelewis

Anyone running the 3 with the CLR. I had a CLR previously with the Ax2 and it was loud. Sold it but managed to get another Neo one, now with the Ax3 but the volume is disapointing. My DXR12 is significantly louder. Not sure if the CLR is a dud or I am doing something wrong - seems odd given the DXR runs very loud. Anyone comes across similar prob ? if not how do you have the CLR set up.

Realise you have the -4 or +10 option on the Axe but I have run this at -4 as it came and has provided a strong signal into the DXR12 and into the desk when going straight to FOH

My CLR Neo MkIIs are freaking loud if I want to.
Have you put the channel volume on the CLR up like described in the manual and use the Output/ Master for volume?
Have you tried both inputs and the different placement modes? Sub switch off? Cable tested?

I have a CLR and it blows away every other FRFR I've tried, well except the Friedman, which is different, but also sounds great. Please review the set-up instructions for the CLR (volume, position). Once I did that and ran the AX8 and AXIII at full volume (Output 1 all the way clockwise), it made both units sing. I don't run it at gig volume though, but pretty loud (when no one else is in the house and walk around the house with my wireless (fully clothed, not naked like some people here).

Also, Austin Buddy's, MBritt's, and LT2112's patches really made a HUGE difference.

Oh, also, Austin Buddy has a great guide on properly volume staging presets. Many on the Axechange have volume all over the place.

I use the CLR Neo Live. The first time gig I had it set on -4db and felt like I was almost tapped out in terms of headroom (play in a 10 piece band and stage volume can get loud). When I reset the master to +10 it was great and had as much headroom as I needed (although a bit hot for recording direct). I love the CLR for live gigs - sounds great!

I use the CLR Neo Live. The first time gig I had it set on -4db and felt like I was almost tapped out in terms of headroom (play in a 10 piece band and stage volume can get loud). When I reset the master to +10 it was great and had as much headroom as I needed (although a bit hot for recording direct). I love the CLR for live gigs - sounds great!

This. My CLR's are louder than sin.

Hi - worked out it was to do with the -4, +10 settings on the Axe. All fine now running it at +10 and very loud. Strange as with the DXR12 I had it ran fine at -4 output but the CLR worked with the hotter signal.

Does anyone have any insight regarding availability of the CLR Neo? I signed up on the Atomic site to be notified when they were in stock, and it's been many months. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom