ATOMIC CLR NEO MKII $999

MSS

Power User
I've been a long time axe user (2008) and run the axeII into QSC hpr122's. I have an axe8 and was lookng for a more portable frfr solution. I've been interested in the Atomic CLR wedge but at $1399 it's been too pricey for me. I happened to go to the website today and was surprised that the ckr neo mk2 is now $999. What a great deal for this! I have one INBOUND!

http://shop.atomicamps.com/product_p/clr-neo-mkii.htm

Hmm. Just when I was about to jump on a Xitone. Sigh. What to do.
I'd still go for the Xitone due to custom options. I've got a pair of lightweight (26 lbs) 10" powered Xitones that are amazing and they cost less than the Neo.

ETA: BTW, Mick is using the new Matrix Elements power module which has a built in DSP which allows the user to compensate for the Fletcher Munson curve at lower volumes. It's really cool.

Last edited:
I'd still go for the Xitone due to custom options. I've got a pair of lightweight (26 lbs) 10" powered Xitones that are amazing and they cost less than the Neo.

ETA: BTW, Mick is using the new Matrix Elements power module which has a built in DSP which allows the user to compensate for the Fletcher Munson curve at lower volumes. It's really cool.
The Xitone is on my list if I don't like the clr. It's really hard to pick one or the other using clips. I figure I'll try one or both to see what works for my ears.

I went with Xitone because:
1) I like coax drivers. because of their dispersion
2) I prefer 10" drivers due to their slightly smaller footprint and tighter tone
3) Mick built me a matching set. They are mirror images of each other which pacifies my symmetry OCD :)
4) They price was less than Atomic, at the time.

Hey MSS
I jumped on the deal over the holidays and have been very happy with it. You won't regret your decision.

So I currently run my AXE-FX II XL into a Matrix GT800FX through a traditional guitar cab with cab sims off on my Axe-fx. Cab sims on usually sounds like crap when I use the matrix amp and real cab.

I am very interested to be able to use the Cabs in my AXE-FX II XL. I do not have a home recording studio or powered board to run the AXE-FX through, just the matrix and traditional guitar cabs.

Question - So if I pick up one of these Atomic CLR Neo MKII wedges, can I run my balanced stereo outputs directly from my AXE-FX II XL into the wedge's two inputs for a blended stereo through a single wedge? also allowing me to put the Cab sims on in my AXE-FX? Obviously also eliminating the use of the Matrix GT800FX from the setup.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Question - So if I pick up one of these Atomic CLR Neo MKII wedges, can I run my balanced stereo outputs directly from my AXE-FX II XL into the wedge's two inputs for a blended stereo through a single wedge? also allowing me to put the Cab sims on in my AXE-FX? Obviously also eliminating the use of the Matrix GT800FX from the setup.
I'm not sure what you mean by "blended stereo" but the Neo is a mono cab. Summing stereo effects to mono can be tricky unless you know what you're doing. You're better off just setting up your presets for mono.

As for running cab sims that's what cabs like the Neo are for. It's basically a PA cab so it's full range which is what the Axe FX cab sims like.

I'm not sure what you mean by "blended stereo" but the Neo is a mono cab. Summing stereo effects to mono can be tricky unless you know what you're doing. You're better off just setting up your presets for mono.

As for running cab sims that's what cabs like the Neo are for. It's basically a PA cab so it's full range which is what the Axe FX cab sims like.

I am only a few weeks new to my axe-fx. That's just what I needed to confirm. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom