Atomic CLR Neo Mk 2 waitlist?

Hey Fractal forums, been a minute.. just got my FC 12, and I finally want to step up from jamming on studio monitors. I have decided on the Atomic, I am just curious as to how long I may be waiting. If it's going to be several months, offer some alternatives if you'd like!

I've been on the waitlist for nearly 2 months now. Luckily I found an older used one in great shape but even those are getting really hard to find.
Yeah, I remember around the time I bought my Axe 3 seeing CLRs on Reverb for around 700, and now I don't know whether to be patient or go with another option. Thanks for your input!

I've been on the waitlist for about 1.5 years now. If you see one used, don't hesitate.
Damn, that's harsh. Considering how long your wait has been before there was this mess with electronics shortages (not sure if this hit cabs the same way).. I am thinking maybe Xitone would be the next best thing in the general price range? I would consider Mission Gemini if I could get it on a payment plan, and the Friedman is quite affordable for how much praise it gets, I just hope the one I pull the trigger on is my kind of flavor.

My 3-year old CLR NEO MKII's amplifier went bonkers and it's back at Atomic for repair. It's been a month and they haven't been able to estimate when they might be able to repair or replace it. I have gigs coming up so I have ordered a Xitone 12" active wedge which I hope to receive by the end of this month. When the CLR returns I'll use them both at home for stereo and use one at gigs and the other as backup.

My 3-year old CLR NEO MKII's amplifier went bonkers and it's back at Atomic for repair. It's been a month and they haven't been able to estimate when they might be able to repair or replace it. I have gigs coming up so I have ordered a Xitone 12" active wedge which I hope to receive by the end of this month. When the CLR returns I'll use them both at home for stereo and use one at gigs and the other as backup.
This was another consideration for me; I planned on buying one FRFR for now, but if I still decide I want a CLR when I can manage to get one, I of course would hope that it would play well in stereo with the one I go with now.

Damn, that's harsh. Considering how long your wait has been before there was this mess with electronics shortages (not sure if this hit cabs the same way).. I am thinking maybe Xitone would be the next best thing in the general price range? I would consider Mission Gemini if I could get it on a payment plan, and the Friedman is quite affordable for how much praise it gets, I just hope the one I pull the trigger on is my kind of flavor.
I gave up on them. I´m on the waitlist for the Red Sound Elis8. I'll keep the CLR as a vocal monitor.

This was another consideration for me; I planned on buying one FRFR for now, but if I still decide I want a CLR when I can manage to get one, I of course would hope that it would play well in stereo with the one I go with now.
I believe the CLR and Xitone 12 active would play nicely together. They both are 12" coaxial speakers and very flat. We might need to adjust levels or EQ tweaks on the Fractal, but otherwise I bet they'll be great. The Fractal also offers so many CAB choices that we can mix and match.

I have decided on the Xitone active wedge, as I feel it will meet my needs for jamming with friends and perhaps as a reference should I ever play live. I was closely looking at the Gemini 2, but with it being so bulky (and only having a rubber carry handle) and the base model being priced at $1600+ with no bluetooth, I lost interest fairly quickly. My idea was that it would be cool to play backing tracks through the Gemini while I play, but if I have to be plugged in to do that with the base model that I already find expensive given the features, I'd be just as served using my studio monitors at home for backing tracks and playing through the Xitone, and playing on the fly will also be easier with the latter. Hope I made the right call, I am looking forward to trying it out.

I have decided on the Xitone active wedge, as I feel it will meet my needs for jamming with friends and perhaps as a reference should I ever play live. I was closely looking at the Gemini 2, but with it being so bulky (and only having a rubber carry handle) and the base model being priced at $1600+ with no bluetooth, I lost interest fairly quickly. My idea was that it would be cool to play backing tracks through the Gemini while I play, but if I have to be plugged in to do that with the base model that I already find expensive given the features, I'd be just as served using my studio monitors at home for backing tracks and playing through the Xitone, and playing on the fly will also be easier with the latter. Hope I made the right call, I am looking forward to trying it out.
I think the Xitone active wedge has Bluetooth by which you can connect your phone or ? to play tracks, etc. See their website, etc.

Nor can they respond to emails by just saying that, apparently.
+1

Their CS is a joke. I've been told several times that they have a unit for me, only for them to disappear and stop responding to emails. When I send them an email in general, I would be lucky to get a reply at all 1/5 times. And I know they've sent units to people that have been waiting way less than me.

Atomic and FAMC are in the same category to me: Companies with a good product, squandered by horrible CS.

Last edited:
I think the Xitone active wedge has Bluetooth by which you can connect your phone or ? to play tracks, etc. See their website, etc.
The thing that drew me to the Gemini was that I could be playing a track through one woofer while playing through the other, but if the Xitone has bluetooth, I just think that's icing on the cake. I probably wouldn't have as much utility for a single mono wedge having bluetooth, but who knows? The more I scrutinized the Gemini, though, the more it seemed like a bad option for me; I was also liking the idea of "amp in the room", but if I'm ultimately going to be playing on a PA, that's probably not something that matters much, and I can't just try this kind of gear, so informed decisions are important. The instances wherein I'd be playing backing tracks would mostly be at home, so I see no reason my studio monitors wouldn't cut it for that, but I'm not at all savvy with this stuff.

I pulled the trigger on the Xitone because the sound foremost seems to be what I'm after, and it doesn't hurt that it's so compact vs the Gemini. I wasn't even digging into the features so much, haha, I've just looked around at a lot of demos and opinions.

Last edited:
The thing that drew me to the Gemini was that I could be playing a track through one woofer while playing through the other, but if the Xitone has bluetooth, I just think that's icing on the cake. I probably wouldn't have as much utility for a single mono wedge having bluetooth, but who knows? The more I scrutinized the Gemini, though, the more it seemed like a bad option for me; I was also liking the idea of "amp in the room", but if I'm ultimately going to be playing on a PA, that's probably not something that matters much, and I can't just try this kind of gear, so informed decisions are important. The instances wherein I'd be playing backing tracks would mostly be at home, so I see no reason my studio monitors wouldn't cut it for that, but I'm not at all savvy with this stuff.

I pulled the trigger on the Xitone because the sound foremost seems to be what I'm after, and it doesn't hurt that it's so compact vs the Gemini. I wasn't even digging into the features so much, haha, I've just looked around at a lot of demos and opinions.
I think the Bluetooth on Xitones is dependent on which model you buy.

Back
Top Bottom