Atomic CLR "EXPLOSIVE"!!! UPDATES w/Vid Setup and Backing tracks

Studio Slips is nice. I am also considering Tuki and LeCover. According to Tom, Atomic will have their own covers but not for a few months. I need something sooner.
Susan is pretty quick on getting these made. She just needs the dimensions.
I need a cover asap.

FWIW, D2F quoted me $69.95 plus $14 Priority Mail shipping and Tuki quoted me $59-$79 depending on final design (assume that doesn't include shipping). I never received a response from Studio Slips, so I'd be curious what you all hear.

Sweet, I'm very interested to see how it holds up in a backline situation

+1 Any impressions on using it as a backline?

Ran at rehearsal yesterday as a backline - worked beyond any expectation I had. Note: I used it oriented as a wedge (facing up) but from behind me to carry the room. Had a ball.

I'm finding that my overall output volume does not need to be as high with the CLR as opposed to other solutions. And I'm finding that over and over every time I take it out in a real life situation.

Ran at rehearsal yesterday as a backline - worked beyond any expectation I had. Note: I used it oriented as a wedge (facing up) but from behind me to carry the room. Had a ball.

I'm finding that my overall output volume does not need to be as high with the CLR as opposed to other solutions. And I'm finding that over and over every time I take it out in a real life situation.

Looks like very positive things again and again. Very promising.

More testimony please, more more more testimony please!!!!! Details, facts, thoughts, impressions, sounds, everything - I'm living vicariously here, and am fapping-till-raw reading all these posts. Can not WAIT to get my 2 Actives.

Thanks for the updates... Keep 'em coming!!
Mo

Anyone here with a power amp/passive setup planning on buying one of each (active/passive) and doing a comparison? I know that's expecting a lot, but would be really usefull info for those on the fence.

Anyone here with a power amp/passive setup planning on buying one of each (active/passive) and doing a comparison? I know that's expecting a lot, but would be really usefull info for those on the fence.

Yeah, I'm really surprised Atomic isn't doing a video comparison of those two, themselves. Also, I'm confused as to why they seem to have discontinued the Reactor 50/50, considering the passive CLR option.

Additionally, it'd be interesting to see a video comparing the Axe II + CLR with the actual amp + cab being modeled.

More testimony please, more more more testimony please!!!!! Details, facts, thoughts, impressions, sounds, everything - I'm living vicariously here, and am fapping-till-raw reading all these posts. Can not WAIT to get my 2 Actives.

Thanks for the updates... Keep 'em coming!!
Mo
lmao.....

From the manual:

Picture12.png

What are you guys setting your global EQ at to flatten it out more?

From the manual:

Picture12.png

What are you guys setting your global EQ at to flatten it out more?

In what type of setting would it really matter? I mean that's pretty flat and if your monitoring in a room or stage then you would have to account for that as well and it seems like it would be an exercise in frustration to accomplish something so miniscule.

Patrick,

did you get a mail for ordering already?
When did you get your confirmation mail?

Geert

Got my two active wedges yesterday afternoon :)

But won't be able to unbox them until tomorrow. I'm tracking acoustic gtrs today and won't have time to mess with it.

Awesome to read these initial reviews... I am very very stoked to know I've made these (Atomic CLRs) my first foray into the realm of FRFR.

So stoked.

My name's getting called this coming week - I'm pumped :D

Mo

Back
Top Bottom