Atomic CLR Death in Infancy - Should they be avoided?

VanDeath

Hi All CLR Users. Hoping someone can help me?

I have a very young CLR Wedge Active Amp that has seemingly met an early death despite being the tender age of 1. Given it cost nearly a grand, this is very upsetting and I couldnt believe it wasnt in warranty (yes I know thats my fault as i bought it in the first place). Has anyone else had something similar happen to theirs and overcome it? I was about to buy a second CLR so I had a pair, and now I dont even have one. Very upsetting!

- I was playing gtar through it when it simply stopped dead and cut out.
- The light remains on, but the noise is dead inside. Its lifeless apart from the red light.
- I dont gig with it, it has had no wear and tear. It just stopped mid playing, and will not come back on.
- I have tested against other speakers, cables, etc etc. Its the CLR.

Any help very much appreciated. Should I be looking else where for my Axe Amplifying needs? Might be naiive of me but i cant believe its died so soon, its the most expensive amp or speaker I have ever bought, and after just a year of extremely stress free usage.

Thanks
Ben

Contact Tom King at Atomic. He pops up on this forum every so often if you have difficulty getting him. I had a new CLR active that was a bit wanky on arrival, and Tom hooked me up ASAP no problems. I've purchased a pair of CLR actives, have used them a lot with no issues, and have since bought a used (mint condition) pair of the CLR passive cabinets, which I use constantly. I love them. This stuff can happen, unfortunately.

My 6-month old wedge died. Sent and email to Atomic Support and Tom King replied with an RMA on the next business day. I sent in the power amp section 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I'll wait another week or two and send a follow-up.

Don't shoot the messenger but: are you dead certain the CLR has died? Have you verified that the cable between the AxeFX and the CLR is still good? Are you sure that it happens with all patches? Does the AxeFx make sound if you pull the cable out of the CLR and plug it into another system? As a veteran of equipment problems and as an electrical engineer, I just have to ask these questions. Odds are that your original assessment is probably correct, but it never hurts to ask.

Don't shoot the messenger but: are you dead certain the CLR has died? Have you verified that the cable between the AxeFX and the CLR is still good? Are you sure that it happens with all patches? Does the AxeFx make sound if you pull the cable out of the CLR and plug it into another system? As a veteran of equipment problems and as an electrical engineer, I just have to ask these questions. Odds are that your original assessment is probably correct, but it never hurts to ask.

This is a great idea, maybe you already have but trouble shoot it with a new cable, etc..

Hi All - Thanks so much for the responses, its much appreciated.

I have heard from Tom and he was really helpful and I have to say his response has been absolutely top class. He helped me take the amp out the back over the phone, and will be replacing it. So in short I am very impressed by his response and will be buying another one, with full faith that should anything go wrong that I will be helped.

Slight concerns that it may take a while like jamn4jcs has, but so far so good, amazing response frm Tom + Atomic and im very happy

thanks for the input Odd. I did make sure it was the CLR yes. It actually happened whilst I had a loop playing on repeat from the axe. I tested different cables, and put it into my comp monitors and all was ok. Thanks again for your help.

But again, great response from Tom and im very happy. Will be purchasing another in the new year for sure.

Back
Top Bottom