Atomic CLR - can't buy one

BRIAN K

hi,

I am from Canada and I would like to buy an Atomic CLR wedge but they must be in high demand because I have been checking their website for months and they are always out of stock. I am on their mailing list to get update on stock status but haven't heard from them.

Anyone recently bought one and if so, where/how? I checked a few music stores here in Calgary and they don't sell them.

Thanks,

Brian

Similar story in th UK and Europe. I have been waiting for 3 months now and every time the next delivery date gets close I get a message saying that Atomic are unable to confirm delivery. I recently saw a post where Tom King said that production for the USA was being shipped and that Europe would be within weeks. Fingers crossed !!!!

Check the classifieds here now and then. That's how I picked up both of mine, I have the XiTone's and the Friedman as well. The XiTone's are awesome. Friedman's are excellent as well just a little heavy and awkward to carry so it stays at our rehearsal space. I leave the CLR's at home to practice and create presets on and I gig with the XiTone's. They're built like tanks.

Last edited:
Similar story in th UK and Europe. I have been waiting for 3 months now and every time the next delivery date gets close I get a message saying that Atomic are unable to confirm delivery. I recently saw a post where Tom King said that production for the USA was being shipped and that Europe would be within weeks. Fingers crossed !!!!

I got mine (I'm in UK) from Andertons. According to their website they have some coming in on the 25th November.

I got mine (I'm in UK) from Andertons. According to their website they have some coming in on the 25th November.

I bought one from Andertons three months ago, it's developed a fault whereby one of the channels has gone dead. Andertons can't give me a replacement and they've been repeatedly let down by Atomic. In fairness Andertons did agree to refund me if I wanted it, read lots about CLR quality control being poor, perhaps if they were made in China they'd be more reliable :D

To be fair, between my friend and I, we have six CLR's and use them a lot (we use them in our FOH), and have had no problems with them. You typically only hear about the problems, so I thought I would bring some balance to the picture.

i'd also suggest looking at/getting RCF - I use NX 10-SMA and love it.....and easily available in Canada, and super high end sound.

Check the classifieds here now and then. That's how I picked up both of mine, I have the XiTone's and the Friedman as well. The XiTone's are awesome. Friedman's are excellent as well just a little heavy and awkward to carry so it stays at our rehearsal space. I leave the CLR's at home to practice and create presets on and I gig with the XiTone's. They're built like tanks.
XItones +

hi,

I am from Canada and I would like to buy an Atomic CLR wedge but they must be in high demand because I have been checking their website for months and they are always out of stock. I am on their mailing list to get update on stock status but haven't heard from them.

Anyone recently bought one and if so, where/how? I checked a few music stores here in Calgary and they don't sell them.

Thanks,

Brian
I have an older one I am looking to unload if you are interested. It's the unit described here: http://atomicamps.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Reactor_Series_Manual.pdf

I ordered mine form Andertons also with an original date of mid September for delivery and I notice they just changed the date to December. The saga continues .........

hi,

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian

I live in Edmonton and have an Ax8. I am also looking to purchase an Atomic Wedge. But, it would seem they are in short supply and I just got on their waiting list.

Based on your list... you have an Atomic, Friedman and XiTone, and the latter compares to the other two?

Based on your list... you have an Atomic, Friedman and XiTone, and the latter compares to the other two?
Can't say enough good things about the XiTone's. They are fantastic. They sound awesome, are small and light weight and built like tanks. They all sound amazing. You can't go wrong with any of them. Really depends on your needs. The Friedman is kind of heavy and a bit awkward to carry so it best fits my needs to stay at our practice facility. The CLR's sound great as well but I think the XiTone's sound just as good and I think are built a little better. The LineX coating on them is phenomenal. For that reason I prefer to leave the CLR's at home to create my presets on and to practice and use the XiTone's to gig with. They stay in my garage ready to load up for shows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom