Atomic and Exchange Rates

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
I HATE Exchange rates !!!!

How are you supposed to budget for anything ?

When the Atomics price was first estimated at $699, that price to the UK via G66 worked out at around £530.

Even given the actual price it was released at of $799 that would still have cost me £600. Fine - I had £600 and it seemed a decent price.

Come Sep - when the original release date had arrived, the price for the Atomic have gone up tp £703 !!! thats a big jump given the US price stayed the same (working on the $799 actual price here - not the $699 estimate).

That was a shock - even though I know the £ had crashed.

Well only a month later and the Atomics are to start to ship very soon. i checked today and the price is now £758!!!!

Thats a hugh 33% price rise from the original cost and the $ price is the same.

AAAAAHH

I can not now afford, or even justify the price at present. Hopefully by the new year the £ may have recovered a little and I can afford one. Of course it will probably have gone further down thanks to Gordon "lets ruin the country" Brown, and I still wont be able to get a new toy.

Sorry fot the rant - just SO frustrated!!

Exchange rates are just mechanisms for greedy-rich speculators to screw the honest hard-workers and line their pockets :twisted: A world currency would sort this a bit but what chance :?: when the fact that we all live on a big mud space-ship that we can't get off
escapes the minds of most of the passengers :) I think that our government should give every
Axe-fx owner a FREE atomic frfr for showing initiative and flair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop whining about exchange rates - I highly doubt the people at G66 are millionaires after selling a couple or even dozens of Axe-Fx or Atomics - they are they nicest and best people I ever dealt with!
Sometimes I just want ot quote the great Mr Frank Zappa: Shut up and play yer guitar!

Don't want to be rude but some posts are just obsolete...

I know what you are saying Paul, I was geared for one but the extra money that I will have to pay puts me right off, If the exchange rate was like this time last year, I was going to get 2.. Now I don't think I even want one. It is a lot of money for such a small cab.

I can great tone with my cab anyway so I might just stick it out.

@Gearhead:

It has nothing to do with how much G66 make, It is to do with how much someone who has seen the price go through the roof is willing to pay. They may be the best people in the world (and after dealing with them would atest to this) however that does not force me to throw money away due to an interest rate being in favour of the euro. BTW I have a 51 Telecaster for sale and I am the niceset person you will ever meet, I only want £342,000 for it.

After this post I will shut up and play my guitar. DIG.

To Gearhead,

Similar comment.

I wasnt making any negative coments about Atomic OR G66. I rate both of them.

the point I was making was that while the US and EU price has sayed constant, allowing people to budget, save etc - the UK price has risen, and risen and risen. How can you save etc when as soon as you have the money the price has risen again.

Nothing to do with sellers, but the economy. Were used to getting ripped off in the UK but things are getting really bad. We keep getting told its a Global recession. fine, I get that, but if its global why is the £ falling so far against other currenys? Surely if its Global were all in it together? Just another example of how fu**ed up the UK has become under a Labour Government. Another chance for them to sc**w us over and blame something, or someone else.

Sorry - dont mean to get all political.

One day, one day. Ill just have to live with my Amp/cab until I can afford the price or the £ recovers a bit.

I agree Paul completely.

I might buy one yet but seeing the price rise just grates me!

Anyway Rock On Fractal Friends!!!!

paulmapp8306 said:
Were used to getting ripped off in the UK but things are getting really bad. We keep getting told its a Global recession. fine, I get that, but if its global why is the £ falling so far against other currenys? Surely if its Global were all in it together?

I assume you've seen the rant in parliament by Daniel Hannan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs? It's classic.

Back
Top Bottom