Atomic Amps - Tom King won't return my amp - IT'S BEEN A YEAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is just me or does anyone else find it rather odd that the OP waited a whole year to try to resolve this issue and then came here to do it? I don't understand this mind set.

Yes, IMO it does. C'mon, OP, tell us: was there resolution or not? Curious minds want to know what happened and why, especially those of us who like to buy innovative new products from small, local companies.

Is just me or does anyone else find it rather odd that the OP waited a whole year to try to resolve this issue and then came here to do it? I don't understand this mind set.
Obviously, I don't know the ins and outs of the OP's case, but I don't think it is odd - based on my own experience. If you want to know why, you can PM me, no problem.

Fwiw, my experience with Tom and Atomic has been completely different from the op. I did run into a problem with my CLR and Tom replied to my emails very quickly, on weekends and in a couple of cases within minutes. He then sent me replacements and I sent mine back, instead of me having to wait for repairs.
I'm not saying that there haven't been issues with support, but I am saying that there are certainly cases where support has been superb.

I've seen more companies that I'm sure are of good will but are having trouble with customer support.

Shit happens. In smaller companies sometimes the capacity is insufficient. In larger sometimes the will.

I'm on the list for an Atomic Amplifire. The waiting list form does not include a feedback script. It is extremely easy to build an automatic answer script into a Web page that would instantly send an email back inform people that the entry was successful. This page doesn't do that. So I don't know if my entry got through. I emailed Tom twice about it. No answer. I'm sure he's busy. But I've been on waiting lists several times and twice the invite never came. My entry got lost somehow. Both times I bought something else. It sucks not being sure about this. I need a portable solution for a trip this year and I'm hoping this is it, but if my entry is lost I will not be buying an amplifire. I'll get a vox.

Well, you're wrong , and I think you know you're wrong. :D

Has anyone else had poor customer experience with Tom King from Atomic Amps? I sent him my wedge over a year ago and he has yet to repair it and will not respond to emails.

Actually having read the OP, it reads to me that he has tried to email Tom King/Atomic Amps a number of times, but has had no reply. In BenjaminB's defence, he didn't rush onto here and get out the blamethrower straight away. In fact I would say that he has shown remarkable restraint in not getting out of his pram like people on here so often do (eg FW releases, Axe edit updates).

Also kudos to Tom King for seeing that someone on here has a problem and dealing with it. I can imagine that TK is as annoyed at not getting these communications from Ben, as Ben was frustrated at not receiving a reply.

I hope it works out for all parties.

I dunno. I'd say that if I were owed something legitimately and a vendor didn't deliver after a month or so - let alone a whole YEAR - I'd be pretty bent out of shape. I'd also have done a helluva lot more within the first month of obvious non-performance than just watch my email Inbox.

- call
- request for acknowledgement of the issue via "return receipt requested" mail

If this gets you nowhere, then

- call the Better Business Beaureau (that will usually end it right there)
- if paid for goods or services with credit card, call the card's consumer division and dispute the charge
- call the attorney general in the vendor's base state for assistance
- find consumer advocacy groups in your area who provide legal "pro bono" dispute remediation services

I'm not saying that the OP doesn't have a legit gripe. Sh!t does happen. But there are a lot of ways to get the attention of a vendor on short notice. It's actually pretty cool that the owners of small companies lurk various forums and respond directly to matters such as these.

If Atomic were trying to dodge the matter, I doubt TK would have jumped in as soon as he did. If the OP was diligent about trying to reach Atomic - especially if he felt slighted - then IMHO it is odd to leave the matter lingering for a year before bringing it up on a forum.

OTOH, sometimes companies just plain drop the ball, irrespective of the size of the company. That's a drag, but it's reality.

And where is the OP to follow up?

It's responses like this that point out what lucky users we are to have top companies, who care about their product and customers, supporting us. Yeah, sometimes things fall through the net, but hey, things happen.

My experience with Tom was one of amazing customer service. This included fast response to initial phone contact, great conversation with helpful guidance to the product that would best work for me and rapid overnight delivery for a crunch situation.

I would not hesitate to encourage folks to buy stuff from him. Besides that, the CLR sounds so damn good with my Axe FX and Kemper!

Nothing but great service from Tom here. My 2 CLRs are a joy to have. This is not typical to what I have seen over the last few years since I joined this forum.

Can we please get the Neodymium driver equipped active wedges in Europe? Money is waiting. Any time estimate or status update regarding the availability of these?

Not taking anything away from any issues that others may have experienced, just my own personal observations and experiences with Atomic Amps.

I've been familiar with Atomic Amps since their Reactor days when I used both active and passive wedges with the MB-50 for a couple of years. I bought a CLR active wedge when they first came, then an active Neo wedge and finally had my first CLR converted to a Neo.

During that time I've had to contact Atomic on two separate occasions regarding my amps. In the first instance regarding one of the Reactor wedges, I had sent an email to Atomic on a Saturday morning and ending up getting a phone call from Tom that same morning that solved the problem. Needless to say, I was pretty impressed with that level of customer service.
The second time I needed to contact Atomic about my CLR refit to a Neo, there was a small gap in our email communications. Since I had read on the forum that they had been experiencing some spam filter issues, I resent my response to Tom's email address along with the main Atomic email address which generated a response from Tom, who apologized for the email issues, and we were able to complete our business.

The bottom line for me is that I love how their amps have worked with all of the Axe-Fx incarnations I've had; Ultra, II and XL. Along with that, the customer service in my experiences has been top notch throughout my time of using Atomic Amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom