Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

Whoa! This is way out of line. What customer service “horror stories” are you referring to?

Atomic has been in business for nearly 10 years and service has always been a top priority. We currently have no outstanding items our cue that exceed our 2 week turn around time (most turn in a week or less). There were a couple of items in the last few months that slipped through the cracks – at least one of which was caused by a customer’s email getting clipped by our spam filer. Another one, I personally dropped the ball on. I felt really bad. I, however, went out of my way to make it up to the customer who told me he was very pleased with the outcome.

Bottom line, no-one’s getting ripped off, intentionally treated poorly or ignored. Certainly there’s nothing that would even remotely constitute a “horror story” going on here.

On the other hand, it is not unusual for me to work with customers and potential customers on the nights and weekends or to go above and beyond what is promised by our standard warranty polices to make customers happy. I enjoy and take pride in it.

If there are any Atomic customers who have an outstanding service issue they’d like to bring to my attention, please contact me directly at tking@atomicamps.com. I will take care of you personally.

-TK

I have never had anything but excellent service from Atomic. You guys have been top notch.

I've never posted publicly about having a 'customer service horror story' with Atomic, but I feel the need to jump in here.
Took me 3 months to get a replacement board for an Atomic passive I had. And it sucked to be sitting at home with an Atomic paper weight. I wasn't happy.
I'm not here to bash Tom or Atomic....and I respect the fact that he's doing his best to run a small business (and I am eagerly awaiting the release of the CLR)...but my experience (although Tom was super nice to deal with), was not great. I felt that Tom was sincere when I dealt with him, but was it great customer service?...no, it was not.

So as much as you want to say 'nicely done Tom'....I can say...well, there is some truth to what TheGoatLord posted.

LOL. You're an outlier man. TheGoatLord was over the top with his post:

After all the customer service horror stories, I think not.

And, quite rightly, got called out for it. Your one, slightly less than perfect, experience and TheGoatLord's post aren't even close. He got called out for talking smack without backing it up.

LOL. You're an outlier man.
(LOL?...ok?)

I hope that I am the outlier because I am going to buy a CLR when they come out.
And I would also hope that if I ever had an issue with it, I would get good customer service.

Im sure that the customer service is great
But the whole thing thing startedto sound like the boy that cried wolf months ago.
By the time they make an announcement of an update as to when it might possibly be released alot of potential customers will not believe it and will have already went on to something else
Like I did even though I was soooo wanting to get these.

Im sure that the customer service is great
But the whole thing thing startedto sound like the boy that cried wolf months ago.
By the time they make an announcement of an update as to when it might possibly be released alot of potential customers will not believe it and will have already went on to something else
Like I did even though I was soooo wanting to get these.

Yep. I gave up months ago. They don't even keep their dealers informed. This is why companies shouldn't announce stuff until its ready to ship.

I posted awhile ago about my experience with Atomic. I believe that I am the one Tom is referring to in his response. He has been extremely apologetic and accommodating with my issues, which I'm sure cost him a fair amount of money and didn't charge me a dime. I even updated the thread I posted to show I'm happy with the resolution.

Moral of the story: Shit happens. Tom fixed it.

Like I said Im sure the customer service is great and no doubt the product will be fantastic
But you cant announce a new product a year before it gets released and expect to hold the interest of potential buyers

Thats what the last few comments are about

But you cant announce a new product a year before it gets released and expect to hold the interest of potential buyers

Small manufacturers do this all the time to gauge interest to determine if going to market makes sense and how many to produce initially. The idea works ok when using available parts and assembling in the USA, not so much when job shopping in China.

Knowing what designer had input on a design would make a big difference as to wether or not one wanted to hold out fore the product. Not that it's comparable but does any one know how long it took RCF to design and bring to market the SMA series?

* Atomic is da bomb! (get it.....) Tom is a pro! I believe that when CLR is ready, its gonna shake and move with the best!

back to topic!

BOOM!

To be fair, I don't think Atomic, the company, announced anything. Jay Mitchell was just giving a sneak peek at a prototype of something in development.

To be fair, I don't think Atomic, the company, announced anything. Jay Mitchell was just giving a sneak peek at a prototype of something in development.

But if I'm not mistaken, he did mention an expected release date during that sneak peek....and that's what folks are going to have stuck in their heads.

hmmm, not quite correct. Look at the original post. Scott posted this very thread based on an announcement on their FB page.

My 2 cents regarding Atomic Amp. I have two 2010 Atomic Powered Wedges. One of them recently had a problem and I sent it in for service. Customer service defines a company as far as I'm concerned. Tom was very responsive and turnaround time was quite fast. So with my recent experience, Atomic has exceeded my expectations! Thanks Tom and company.

Steve S.

Back
Top Bottom