Atomic Amps - "Coincident Linear Reference" Designed by Jay Mitchell

I had a hunch that Jay might be working on something like this when he quit posting over here. It seems like he made a comment that people may or may not understand why he quit after a certain amount of time.

I had a hunch that Jay might be working on something like this when he quit posting over here. It seems like he made a comment that people may or may not understand why he quit after a certain amount of time.

He didn't quit posting. Cliff banned him from the forum.

hmmmm....wonder what customer service will be like. Jay didn't seem to take criticism very well, and somewhat thin skinned.

I think C must really stand for cantankerous. :)

If Jay is involved I bet it will be a well-designed solution.

Wow... I'm gonna take a stab at pricing... I'm gonna say...

1x10 $1299
1x12 $1499
1x15 $1799
2x12 $1999

Just stabs in the dark...

Would be cool to see a traditional 4x12 style cab.

Wow... I'm gonna take a stab at pricing... I'm gonna say...

1x10 $1299
1x12 $1499
1x15 $1799
2x12 $1999

Just stabs in the dark...

Would be cool to see a traditional 4x12 style cab.
From Jay's technical posts, I don't think he'd use a 15" woofer, or a 2x12 format. Anyway, I'm dying to learn about this monitor... Would it be made in China, but to Jay's rigid standards?

Well I wasn't expecting that but I guess it was inevitable, Now look into my eyes and repeat after me... I will place an order for the Atomic line of FR cabinets
hypno.gif

If it's designed by Jay it will be co-axial - that's what he does. If it's designed by Jay and built to his specifications it will sound as good as the monitor that I played through last year. If the new Atomic is designed by Jay and built to his specifications, you will be getting the most transparent FRFR system available at any cost. You will hear exactly what you program into the Axe. The monitor will do it's part of the job without getting in the way.

If the new Atomic is designed by Jay and built to his specifications you might as well get two and sell your studio reference monitors as well. You're about to hear what you've been missing.

Bold talk I know. I have the advantage of having played through a Jay Mitchell co-axial monitor. It's FRFR like you've never heard before.

Last edited:
If the new Atomic is designed by Jay and built to his specifications, you will be getting the most transparent FRFR system available at any cost. You will hear exactly what you program into the Axe. The monitor will do it's part of the job without getting in the way.

If it is designed by Jay, it will have an LCD read out it telling you you are dumb as sh!t and your ear sucks ;)

If it is designed by Jay, it will have an LCD read out it telling you you are dumb as sh!t and your ear sucks ;)
Regarding loudspeakers, most of us are dumb as sh*t - especially in relation to a world leading authority like Jay. Love him, hate him, or something in between, he is among a very few individuals who are the last word on everything loudspeaker.

Based on some of the loudspeaker solutions that some folks on this forum rave about it is reasonable to assume that their ears haven't been well trained... ....or maybe even suck as you put it!

Back
Top Bottom