Atomic Amps CLR Owners- Wedge or Cab???

Atomic CLR owners, did you purchase or have you signed up for a cab or a wedge??

• Atomic CLR Wedge

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Atomic CLR Cab

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tvegas99

Inspired
I'm just curious what percentage of you are buying cabs vs wedges, as the happy owner of an active wedge I recently got on the list for an active cab. Let me know what you have received or have on the way... many thanks!!

The results of this poll are not to surprising as the wedge can double as a monitor or a back line cab. One wonders why TK even offers a cab version it almost seems pointless.

4 me the cab version will be a smaller footprint on stage

I probably will still prefer the wedge... But the smaller footprint will be very welcomed to reduce the real estate I take up onstage

I personally love my cabs. Not only do they sound awesome, but they make my AFX rig look a lot like my old Boogie Triaxis and 2:90 rig with 2 1x12 cabs. Gotta love it.

I personally love my cabs. Not only do they sound awesome, but they make my AFX rig look a lot like my old Boogie Triaxis and 2:90 rig with 2 1x12 cabs. Gotta love it.

Do u stack them on your gig?? Or side by side??

I'm curious if those with cabs feel the need to get them off the floor??

The results of this poll are not to surprising as the wedge can double as a monitor or a back line cab. One wonders why TK even offers a cab version it almost seems pointless.

It was most likely an effort to satisfy those that have expressed, in previous FRFR discussions, that they would prefer a cab format .

While the wedge can be stood up as a cab, the cab version has conventional tolex and grill cloth. Personally, I prefer the hard coat and metal grill on the wedge but I can see how some might prefer the aesthetics of the cab.

Do u stack them on your gig?? Or side by side??

I'm curious if those with cabs feel the need to get them off the floor??

I actually have them on a cart most the time. I have the smallest Rock N Roller cart. They fit on it side by side like it was made for them. I can roll my whole rig into a gig. Really compact and fast setup/breakdown. I occasionally take them off the cart, but it doesn't change the sound. The dispersion is really wide so as long as I'm not right on top of them I can hear them perfectly just sitting on the cart. If I was on a really shallow stage, I might need to tilt them back a few degrees. I have a couple small strips of wood to do just that sitting in the back of my truck, but I am yet to need them.

While the wedge can be stood up as a cab, the cab version has conventional tolex and grill cloth. Personally, I prefer the hard coat and metal grill on the wedge but I can see how some might prefer the aesthetics of the cab.

This makes sense... The StageCraft rack head boxes would finnish that look off really nice sitting on top of 2 CLR cabs. I have been so focused on the floor wedges I totally forgot that the cab versions had grill cloth and tolex.

Aesthetics are of zero importance to me

A most stable foundation is paramount as is the smallest footprint

My road case is only 11 1/2 inches deep so I actually just purchased a matrix Q 12a

I'll have an atomic CLR and a matrix Q 12 a
Life is good

Back
Top Bottom