Atomic 50/50 on the way!

javajunkie

I've been waiting for this form factor for along time. This and a couple of passive reactors ought to do great.

I've been waiting for this form factor for along time. This and a couple of passive reactors ought to do great.

Any specific reason for you to prefer that setup over a couple powered atomic cabs?

Just wondering since I'm waiting for a passive to try with the Matrix.

JJ will have his own reasons of course, but for me. i wanted the choice of any cab, FRFR or normal, e.g. i will be running my 50/50 into a Blackstar Artisan 2x12 mainly. the mono block had some great feedback so im hoping this will work out nicely.

Rather carry the power amp in a rack than 2 in powered cabs. Also, I like the idea that I can use other cabs if I wish.

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to beta the 50/50 on the road earlier this year and I have the first prototype. After getting finally the rig together - I have two passive Atomic cabs that I put feet on the sides so I set them vertically - I was able to prep to do usual tour prep [re: decimate my neighborhood!]. The 50/50 was EXACTLY what I was after. I set the Presence knobs ay 11:00 for the most part and then tweak from room-to-room. BTW, my cab's tweeter settings are 2:00. With 12- or 14-gauge DiMarzio speaker cables and custom length XLR's the rig is completely quiet with the right gate settings. It's perfect. I put the 50/50 in a two space Gator soft case. I don't always take it with me when I fly, but hope to have it on the next tours this year with my main gig including a run in India and Australia.

As for stacking the cases - My Ultra and Furman are in a 4U Gator soft case perched on an amp stand - I was afraid the heat dissipation of the 50/50 would be an issue. So far, so good.

Hope you guys dig your power amps. From the first day I jumped on with Fractal I wanted this to happen and I'm pumped it's finally here!!

Hey guys,

I was lucky enough to beta the 50/50 on the road earlier this year and I have the first prototype. After getting finally the rig together - I have two passive Atomic cabs that I put feet on the sides so I set them vertically - I was able to prep to do usual tour prep [re: decimate my neighborhood!]. The 50/50 was EXACTLY what I was after. I set the Presence knobs ay 11:00 for the most part and then tweak from room-to-room. BTW, my cab's tweeter settings are 2:00. With 12- or 14-gauge DiMarzio speaker cables and custom length XLR's the rig is completely quiet with the right gate settings. It's perfect. I put the 50/50 in a two space Gator soft case. I don't always take it with me when I fly, but hope to have it on the next tours this year with my main gig including a run in India and Australia.

As for stacking the cases - My Ultra and Furman are in a 4U Gator soft case perched on an amp stand - I was afraid the heat dissipation of the 50/50 would be an issue. So far, so good.

Hope you guys dig your power amps. From the first day I jumped on with Fractal I wanted this to happen and I'm pumped it's finally here!!

Chris,
Cool you are digging the amp. I got mine a bit ago and I am running it more traditionally into a Port City OS 2x12 with EVM 12L's. Just had a gig this past weekend and it worked stellar. Love this thing!

I only got to play for 30 min last night, but I had a big smile. My rig sounds great cant wait to crank it with the band.

I only got to play for 30 min last night, but I had a big smile. My rig sounds great cant wait to crank it with the band.
Mine has been here since Tuesday night but I wont be able to "rack her" until tomorrow. "It sure got a purdy mouth" , double boxed 30lb power of love.:p

Back
Top Bottom