Atomic 2U 100 Watt Stereo Tube Power Amp

Atomic 2U 100 Watt Stereo Tube Power Amp in Black?

• Total voters
I think they need to make a MOSFET, 1 U , 300 watt(ish) power amp.

That would be unique. Their isn't a lot of these out there. Plenty of 100w tube 2 U power amps out there.

People would buy this. Including me! :D

oh yeah! Great idea!

It could also be a SS by Atomic in 1U since many of this forum members are users of SS power amps including well known here ART Sla2 :) Such thing designed to support AXE FX (let me say) guitarwise (with jack outputs for guitar cabs)..hm..as for me it sounds great :)

claxor said:
DADA said:
+1 for claxor
Tubes are soooo ancient since i have the axie-fexie

DADA,

I agree. How come you use the ART Tube EQ in your signal chain?

You got a sharp eye.
The ART Tube EQ is for EQ-ing on the fly on stage. At home and at our practice room it is of and bypassed. I love the thing for on stage and it is for me more practical then the global EQ of the Axie. And that it has some tubes is pure coincidence. It is a famous well working "para" EQ which you will encounter in lots of studios.

Cheers

claxor said:

That would be unique. Their isn't a lot of these out there. Plenty of 100w tube 2 U power amps out there.

I voted yes, but I would also like to see a single space 300 watt per side @ 8 Ohms and make it bridgeable SS amp ;) ...

Sixstring said:
claxor said:

I voted yes, but I would also like to see a single space 300 watt per side @ 8 Ohms and make it bridgeable SS amp ;) ...

+ 1 :mrgreen:

Could be a SS amp in the future, look above Axe Fx when camera pans to Axe Fx. Looks like some sort of prototype above it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md9_KqVG5oU

As far as a two space Atomic tube amp stereo, I would get one if I started running real cabinets. I already have a MB-50 and think its a great amp.
As I have said in the past, running real cabs I still prefer the tube amp but with the FRFR cabs SS is fine.

At 1:16 it looks like a power conditioner to me... I would love to have at least 500 watts SS stereo power amp at 8 ohm in a 1U rack...

As far as having "Plenty of 100w tube 2 U power amps out there"... I would love to see them! Preferably 90-120 watt stereo tube power amps... I've only really ever heard of the Mesa Boogie 2:100, 2:90... Fryette/VHT 2/90/2... ENGL E-850 100 watt... Marshall MR EL34 100/100 tube power amp... the last two retailing for well over $2500 each!!!

Where are the affordable (Under $800 new) 90-120 watt stereo tube power amps?

mortega76 said:
At 1:16 it looks like a power conditioner to me...
Check it out again, no markings on it whatsoever. What looks like three drill holes in the middle.
If it was a power conditioner and assuming the white knobs are pull lights, they are pretty close together.
Another thing that caught my eye were the vents on the front, I have never seen a power conditioner with vent's.
I still think it might be a prototype, but I could be wrong also.

NewPicture1.jpg

6L6C said:
mortega76 said:
At 1:16 it looks like a power conditioner to me...
Check it out again, no markings on it whatsoever. What looks like three drill holes in the middle.
If it was a power conditioner and assuming the white knobs are pull lights, they are pretty close together.
Another thing that caught my eye were the vents on the front, I have never seen a power conditioner with vent's.
I still think it might be a prototype, but I could be wrong also.

NewPicture1.jpg

I think it was already established that it was a power amp but it was not being used for that demo at the time.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17670&start=20

Good catch... I can see Atomic licensing the technology and putting their brand on it... Atomic 1U SS power amp.

mortega76 said:
Good catch... I can see Atomic licensing the technology and putting their brand on it... Atomic 1U SS power amp.

If this little amp is in Atomics future it should be pretty good. And if it sounds as good as Paul and Lightning boy say it does they should sell a lot of them. I just hope they offer a range of wattages and not just one.

DADA said:
Resemblance??????
Psst; folow the white rabbit ;)
The pieces are all falling into place... also, unless the rabbit has a digital clock, I'm not going anywhere with him! ;)

Dig, it, al :lol:

The best thingy is that for me all the pieces already fell together in my new amp (1U, 250 Watt in 8 Ohm, Bridgable, 3,7 KG, Neutrik in and Speakon out} which was finished last Friday) Wednesday it will be shipped!! So next weekend its haalleeluujaa, prace the white rabbit.

Follow the white Rabbit and you'll get a MATRIX XT-800 :mrgreen:

1U FTW
a 2U power amp isn't hard to come by.
a good 1U power amp on the other hand...tube especially...is always of interest to me.
I always regret selling my Mesa 20/20s. Those little guys are awesome.
I think that 1U SS power amps are becoming more and more common with the new things coming from Peavey IPR and behringer (yes, I know)...but a 1U tube power amp would surely be awesome.

Sixstring said:
mortega76 said:

If this little amp is in Atomics future it should be pretty good. And if it sounds as good as Paul and Lightning boy say it does they should sell a lot of them. I just hope they offer a range of wattages and not just one.

Why do I have the feeling that Paul and Lightning Boy already received their amps from Pro Audio and are not allowed to discus it on the internet.

Just a feeling. But they are way to silent over here.

I just hope they did not got electrocuted :D

Back
Top Bottom