"ATLAS" - my new happy instrumental prog metal single!

prh

Inspired
hello!

released my new single Atlas today, dialled in one of the nicest heavy tones (rhythm and lead are the same settings +/- delay) of my axefx 2 relationship so far, hope some of you dig it!

you can stream it on youtube/bandcamp and theres a free download link in the description on bandcamp plus the option to pay what you want.

Atlas | Plini

cheers :)

just love it!

production wise you could really work on your drum sound especially the snare... but i don't f****** care because i love that song :)

Song rips! Super creative, reminds me a bit of Dream Theater. Another nice song to add to my Plini collection :) However, I am honestly on the fence about the production. I really like the raw approach, but its bordering on a bit too raw for me personally. Like the guy above me said though, it doesn't matter cause the songs awesome! Great work!

thanks guys! im always trying different things with my drum mixes, different strokes for different folks i guess! glad you like it :)

I don't really say anything in cases where the drums work but I don't necessarily care for their tones. So, sounds fine to me. Now, overall, I'd want it a little more epic sounding - ie: more ambience across the board. But everything is totally audible.

Musically, I'm always waiting for something to happen in these kinds of things, because there's not really any melodic - and hence harmonic - development outside of some block chords and stuff. That is, stuff doesn't have to be in a key to have harmonic shift that makes sense. Fusion tends to sound fragmented to me because of this. It's not bad, it just doesn't....go anywhere.

Very nice track Mr Plini! Gotta get it out there though: for me, my favourites are definitely Heart, Selenium Forest (wow) and Cloudburst (just awesome groovy track). Hope to see more of those types from you very soon.

Cheers,
bc.

Back
Top Bottom