At The Gates - Blinded by Fear cover. Diezel VH-4 showcase.

kostein

Inspired
Hey guys, I just finished my latest video, showcasing the Diezel VH-4 amp model. It seems to be that every time I'm close to finishing a video there's a FW update :lol Kinda makes me think I should make them more often. 8)

This time I'm covering "Blinded By Fear" by At The Gates, from one of my favorite albums ever, Slaughter of the Soul. Usual setup, two guitars panned left/right, SD2 with TMF and crappy bass of doom. I used the Dizzy 4 amp model for the rhythm guitars and the Fryette D60 for the leads. FW 8.0. Guitar is tuned B E A D F# B E.

I actually did this before I got the II, with my Ultra when I had it back in February. One of the reasons I re-did it with the II is to hear the progress on my mixing. You can find the Ultra version at the bottom of this post.

VH-4 Preset can be download at www.kostein.com/presets along with a couple more. I like to keep them all in one place so it's easy for people to find them.

Feel free to comment, ask questions, I'd gladly help.

Enjoy!

AFX Ultra version recorded in February this year

Last edited:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; keep shreddin bra!

Just wanted to say that your videos are damn awesome, kostein! I am entertained and educated. Love the mix breakdown (and I have no idea how to really do any of that, so it's inspirational as well). The song choice also took me back in time. Love that album. :)

Brett

Just wanted to say that your videos are damn awesome, kostein! I am entertained and educated. Love the mix breakdown (and I have no idea how to really do any of that, so it's inspirational as well). The song choice also took me back in time. Love that album. :)

Brett

Cheers! Glad you're enjoying them. :D

Cheers duder, although it's not that hard to play. The next one on the album requires a bionic right arm to keep up to speed :lol
Ahhh slaughter of the soul is quite rigorous :D still it ain't easy to play clean man. Keep up the great work!

Back
Top Bottom