At gig - MFC-101 issue I think?

PaulC

Inspired
Hoping someone may have seen this. My MFC-101 is acting strange and I can not change patches. I figured out it seems like it is switching to Reveal mode somehow and will not switch back.

I try turning on and off the unit and nothing. All I seem to be able to do is incr the bank as that is not affected by the reveal.

May be the Axe-fx is getting in a funny state but I don't think so. I reboot it and no luck.

Could it be a bad patch sending corrupt data?

Any ideas? I don't have the manual with me, not sure resetting the MFC to factory defaults may help?

Press the EDIT button and then EXIT/SAVE (same button). I've had that happen several times, but can't figure out what causes it. Just go into edit, maybe scroll through 1 or 2 parameters and exit, fixes it every time.

EDIT: I meant the EDIT on the MFC.

I had a similar problem.

One of my switches were stuck in the down position. Maybe you have a similar problem.

It was easy for me to find out which one: I used the BACK-function in the mfc. So I just pressed a preset key twice and the mfc returned to the misfunctioning "patch"

You need to contact support right away.

Greetings

AAEN

Thanks for the suggestions. I went into edit looking for a reset for the MFC but didn't find it and exited out. Unfortunately this didn't help. I will check on the stuck switch but I never use the Reveal so I don't think that switch would cause it.

It happened a couple times in my gig and as a result of doing numerous things including switching my Ethernet cable it would eventually reset to normal switching. Maybe the cable is bad. It was a bit loose at the connections after so many gigs out with this.

I will try that in tests this week and hope there is nothing to fix.

When I first got my MFC the #12 button was faulty and for some reason that meant that sometimes it would stay on and I could use every button except #11, #12 and edit/save. I thought I was going insane trying to troubleshoot it. The problem button sounded a little different, you could check that way.

If it's under warranty send it back.

It could be your cat5 cable being loose. If you have the midi interface available, see if the problem still exists when you connect to the axe via midi cable.

Back
Top Bottom