At a standstill after 48hrs w my new Axe-Fx II

rnjscooter

Power User
Hi everyone, I have read every article, watched every video, thought I was rocking. Hooked up my Mission Sp-1 according to KatsuKuriMedia, and things work great. Then I go to ANY other patch, and I mean ANY other patch than the one I made(and didn't save), and all I get is reverb. If I turn the reverb block off I get nothing. I go thru KatsuKuriMedias process again in the current patch, get the wah and volume working and still only reverb, nothing else. I'm just done, I don't have a clue what to do at this point. I have exhausted every resource and am tapping out unless I get some help.

and do I really have to go thru KatsuKuriMedias process with all 384 patches? isn't there a way to globally have my my SP-1 work the same in any preset I go to?

thx in advance!

mj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVTDJGCmFdM

I went through the whole process again, on my own patch that I created, Then I saved my way and volume in my blocks library on the axe edit(not sure how to do that without it) and went to patch 25, added my volume and wah from my blocks library, and good to go!

Now, do I have to do that w every patch? Add my volume and wah from the blocks library or can I globally make it happen?

Sorry I sent this out and then got it working so quickly haha. But still have the global question. Thanks!

What is "KatsuKuriMedias process"?

do I really have to go thru KatsuKuriMedias process with all 384 patches?

Yes it is mandatory to do this........it is a pain, but the tones in the Axe2 are worth it!

Patches you save also delete themselves every 24hrs! Cliff is working on a fix for this, but he says it won't be 'soon'!

and do I really have to go thru KatsuKuriMedias process with all 384 patches?
Why would any one bother doing it to all 384? Are you really planning on going through every preset? If you insist on doing that just do it as you get to them. No need to go through them all and do it since you may not actually get to them

Yes it is mandatory to do this........it is a pain, but the tones in the Axe2 are worth it!

Patches you save also delete themselves every 24hrs! Cliff is working on a fix for this, but he says it won't be 'soon'!

I am assuming you are saying this in jest? and I don't have to go thru his process every patch, just add my block saved into my library and I am good to go:)

and do I really have to go thru KatsuKuriMedias process with all 384 patches? isn't there a way to globally have my my SP-1 work the same in any preset I go to?
Others have already answered this, but I'll say it my way: Yes, if you want to use an SP-1 to control two things from one pedal in a patch you'll have to modify the patch to do this. You can, as some have pointed out, move through these modifications quickly if you use saved blocks in Axe-Edit to save things the way you like them and then recall them in to patches with a few clicks of your mouse.

But the harder question you're asking:

Hooked up my Mission Sp-1 according to KatsuKuriMedia, and things work great. Then I go to ANY other patch, and I mean ANY other patch than the one I made(and didn't save), and all I get is reverb. If I turn the reverb block off I get nothing.

This is strange. It's almost as if you're assigning one of the externals to reverb level or something like that. Can you save, export, and post a patch where this all-reverb, all-the-time behaviour is happening?

Others have already answered this, but I'll say it my way: Yes, if you want to use an SP-1 to control two things from one pedal in a patch you'll have to modify the patch to do this. You can, as some have pointed out, move through these modifications quickly if you use saved blocks in Axe-Edit to save things the way you like them and then recall them in to patches with a few clicks of your mouse.

Yes, I did just that today, ad I am very happy with the ability to do that. It takes 10 seconds thru axe edit. thanks Ian!

But the harder question you're asking:

This is strange. It's almost as if you're assigning one of the externals to reverb level or something like that. Can you save, export, and post a patch where this all-reverb, all-the-time behaviour is happening?

As to export something to you, I started from scratch, going thought the whole process again, and have no problems with patches now:)

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom