Assigning the ABCD knobs

You can't assign any of the ABCD knobs in RECALL mode since they don't accept any kind of modifier control. A long time wish of mine that for some reason must present a real problem. Otherwise, it seems very obvious, at least to me. :emptiness:

It seems so painfully obvious to me that when I got the II, I ASSUMED that this is how every preset would be set up. I was really surprised it's not (yet) feasible, let alone the default behavior.

Definitely an area for improvement, IMHO, to have the basic amp knobs on the front. or a touch screen that turns the big encoder into the knob you touched on the screen, for on the fly adjustments.

Assign x or y to the amp block for quick jump. That way it takes one button press to get to edit mode for the amp block. When in edit mode, ABCD do let you control individual parameters. It's not exactly the same as what you are asking for, but it is still quite fast.

Yeah these ABCD knobs are kinda dead zone. I only use them when i have to save preset names on the front panel.
I wish they could be permanently assigned to some parameters in recall mode.
I understand A is used for scene choice, but B C and D are doing nothing and just wasting precious space. They could really be useful if assigned to a parameter like amp eq for example.

I think the Fractal III will have more basic controls on the front panel, like a bass, mid and treble. I would be handy for live performance if the unit doesn't quite right how we want it. Maybe even steal some front panel ideas from the Kemper unit.

Surely assigning the ABCD knobs to Extern1/2/3/4 could be an easy thing in a firmware update? (Maybe it would be better to call them Internal1/2/3/4")

Once I realized they were bound automatically to the next four settings in edit mode I just started to ignore them. I assumed that there was a way to configure them as extern controllers and I never got around to looking for a way to do that.

My foot controller has dedicated extern knobs as you can see:
mc1-example.png

So I'm not short of knobs to twist...

Quick Jump is the current solution for fast edits.

I try to be sure to leave the block on the page that I want so I don't have to page over before the quick edit.

Considering how crappy my encoder continues to be (after being sent to FAS TWICE for this issue), I'll take the hard knobs, please!
Definitely an area for improvement, IMHO, to have the basic amp knobs on the front. or a touch screen that turns the big encoder into the knob you touched on the screen, for on the fly adjustments.

Back
Top Bottom