Assigning Input Boost parameter to an external switch

caballero59

Inspired
I have a 4-button external switch. Button 1 toggles Scene 1&2. Button 2 toggles Scene 3&4. Works perfect. I also want to assign the 3rd external button to toggle the input boost controller for every Scene in the Preset. When I right click on the small yellow dot and assign the modifier to Pedal 2 (Exp/ SW Tip), it switches the input boost as desired but it switches back when the button is released instead of toggling.

Last edited:
I have a 4-button external switch. Button 1 toggles Scene 1&2. Button 2 toggles Scene 3&4. Works perfect. I also want to assign the 3rd external button to toggle the input boost controller for every Scene in the Preset. When I right click on the small yellow dot and assign the modifier to Pedal 2 (Exp/ SW Tip), it switches the input boost as desired but it switches back when the button is released instead of toggling.
Sounds like your external switch is momentary. If you can change that to latching, you should be in business.

Momentary switches are preferred for external switches but are usually used as Stand In switches.

To use the external switch with the modifier attached to <PEDAL 2 Exp/Sw Tip>, you need to change its 'Behavior'. In the FM3 SETUP menu, select 'Virtual Toggle' for the <Switch 2 Tip Behavior> instead of 'Follow Hardware'. If the switch operates opposite of what you want, you can either change the <Switch 2 Tip Polarity> in the Setup menu, or reverse the 'MIN (OFF)' and 'MAX (ON)' values in the Modifier.

The other solution, a Stand-In switch, is assigned to a switch location in an FM3/FC Layout of your choice. Configure the switch function to a Control Switch #, then assign this Control Switch # to the Input Boost modifier. Using the switch this way, you won't need to go into the FM3 Setup to reconfigure the switch if you choose to use it for a function other than toggle.

Momentary switches are preferred for external switches but are usually used as Stand In switches.

To use the external switch with the modifier attached to <PEDAL 2 Exp/Sw Tip>, you need to change its 'Behavior'. In the FM3 SETUP menu, select 'Virtual Toggle' for the <Switch 2 Tip Behavior> instead of 'Follow Hardware'. If the switch operates opposite of what you want, you can either change the <Switch 2 Tip Polarity> in the Setup menu, or reverse the 'MIN (OFF)' and 'MAX (ON)' values in the Modifier.

The other solution, a Stand-In switch, is assigned to a switch location in an FM3/FC Layout of your choice. Configure the switch function to a Control Switch #, then assign this Control Switch # to the Input Boost modifier. Using the switch this way, you won't need to go into the FM3 Setup to reconfigure the switch if you choose to use it for a function other than toggle.
That's it. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom