Assigning a "Solo" switch that adjusts things while remaining on the current scene

m lebofsky

Experienced
FC12
Example:
Layout 7 top row are presets
Layout 7 bottom row are scenes: CLEAN, BLUE, RED. Each scene calls up varying channels and bypass states of amps, effects, etc of the current preset.
I would like to assign a switch a latched "SOLO" switch that doesn't change the current scene, but enables/disables effects, increases amp gain, etc of the current scene..
The SOLO ring should light up (in addition to the current active scene switch).

Given there are typically many ways to skin the AXE cat, what has been the best way to do this? I have unused layouts if that helps ….

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 8
what you want the switch to do is what a Scene does. that's exactly the purpose of Scenes, and along with Scene Controllers, you can change a few parameters.

a single switch will not do what you're asking unless you make a Scene for that. if you only use those 3 scenes you mentioned, you have 5 other scenes available to turn into Solo scenes. you might need to make a Solo scene for each variant if you need that.

this doesn't really have anything to do with the FC, since the FC only controls what the Axe can provide.

what you want the switch to do is what a Scene does. that's exactly the purpose of Scenes, and along with Scene Controllers, you can change a few parameters.

a single switch will not do what you're asking unless you make a Scene for that. if you only use those 3 scenes you mentioned, you have 5 other scenes available to turn into Solo scenes. you might need to make a Solo scene for each variant if you need that.

this doesn't really have anything to do with the FC, since the FC only controls what the Axe can provide.
That's what I was afraid of...
I was trying to get away from having a clean solo switch, a blue solo switch and a red solo switch

That's what I was afraid of...
I was trying to get away from having a clean solo switch, a blue solo switch and a red solo switch
consider putting those 3 solo scenes on the Hold function of your non-solo switches. if timing of pressing them is a major issue, maybe not. but if you have .5 seconds to hold the switch before the solo, you'll save that space.

A possible alternate approach is one that I've switched to since I started creating "kitchen sink" presets. I use Scenes to control all my WET effects (Delays/Reverbs). I then use control switches to modify the tone or to activate special modes. I have control switches for amp gain, drive, and solo boost. I have another for reverb hold, qtr/8th delay flip, and a wet boost. I find this approach to be more flexible for me, but it might require an extra stomp to activate whatever is needed.

Technically anything you do affects the current scene. There is a way to have a single switch function as a SOLO switch using the Control Switch function. It can be attached to any parameter modifier, Input Drive, Boost switch, Saturation, Level, etc... and can be applied across an entire block or specific channels. You'll either need to make sure to turn the switch off or use Scene Revert to disengage the SOLO switch when changing back to the scene.

Back
Top Bottom