Assignable USB Computer Input sources

More flexible USB Audio Routing would have a lot of advantages. My personal favorite would be the following:
If I haven't overlooked something, right now you get from the AXE via USB to the Computer only the Guitar Signal (dry or wet). But let's say you use the AXE to play guitar and backing tracks at the same time. I am using the following USB Output Mapping for this:
1/2 -> Out1, 3/4 ->Out 2
This enables you to control the volume Out1 (Guitar) and Out2 (Backing Track) with the corresponding Level Knobs which is really very handy.
The only problem is that I can't use a Stand Alone Loudness Software to level the Loudness of the Guitar against the Loudness of the Backing Track, because the 3/4 ->Out 2 Signal can not be send to the computer. It only goes directly out from Out 2 to the mixer, speaker or whatever you are using. I am aware of the fact that the AXE has a VU Meter Page, but I have to admit that my eyes are not the best and those meters are really nice and useful, but it would be great to have the option to assign Out1 and Out2 independently via USB to the metering software of your choice.

We could make any USB pair assignable to any input or output pair but the USB endpoints are named in the USB firmware and that would cause confusion. If we decide to make everything assignable then that will require new USB software to change the names of the endpoints otherwise it will be a support nightmare.

Can we have this implemented even without changing the USB firmware? This would really be so helpfull for routing stuff around in the studio, reamping multiple tracks at the same time, having multiple rows of effect for different tracks, sending multiple synths to the axe, etc.
I don't think the USB endpoints names is an issue, as the input number is still specified on the input entries.
Right now the USB endpoints names I see in Reaper :
1 : IN 1 [Out1 Bloc L]
2 : IN 2 [Out1 Bloc R]
3 : IN 3 [Out2 Bloc L]
4 : IN 4 [Out2 Bloc R]
5 : IN 5 [In 1 Instr]
6 : IN 6 [In 1 Instr]
7 : IN 7 [In 2 L]
8 : IN 8 [In 2 R]

If an user change the default routing, he can still refer to these number and ignore what is in the [ ] .
For the user who don't change the routing, this would not be confusing at all.

That would be amazing.

Can we have this implemented even without changing the USB firmware? This would really be so helpfull for routing stuff around in the studio, reamping multiple tracks at the same time, having multiple rows of effect for different tracks, sending multiple synths to the axe, etc.
I don't think the USB endpoints names is an issue, as the input number is still specified on the input entries.
Right now the USB endpoints names I see in Reaper :
1 : IN 1 [Out1 Bloc L]
2 : IN 2 [Out1 Bloc R]
3 : IN 3 [Out2 Bloc L]
4 : IN 4 [Out2 Bloc R]
5 : IN 5 [In 1 Instr]
6 : IN 6 [In 1 Instr]
7 : IN 7 [In 2 L]
8 : IN 8 [In 2 R]

If an user change the default routing, he can still refer to these number and ignore what is in the [ ] .
For the user who don't change the routing, this would not be confusing at all.

That would be amazing.

Indeed :)

Back
Top Bottom