Wish Assignable rotary control

PhillyGTR

Man oh man, it would INCREDIBLE if you could assign 1 or more of the rotary knobs to a specific function per preset / scene or even globally. Imagine being able to adjust delay feedback, drive pedal tone, chorus mix, intelligent harmony root key, etc etc etc using one of the rotary controllers. I mean you don't always need access to the presence control for example. Imagine having a little stomp box tweak control on stage - just sayin'.

I'd love this, especially when using Non-master volume models workout a depth control. Being able to assign global delay/verb mix to them would be very practical.

I don't think any of the amp controls rotary encoders should be used as this would conflict with the labels printed above them. The 5 encoders below the display on the other hand would allow to have labels displayed above them on the LCD.

I don't think any of the amp controls rotary encoders should be used as this would conflict with the labels printed above them. The 5 encoders below the display on the other hand would allow to have labels displayed above them on the LCD.

That is a good point. Some kind of assignable performance mode (similar to the sticky control with the F switches) would be cool for the 5 encoders.

I dunno - if there's (2) functions that you use all the time I think you'd easily know what those labels mean. Your muscle memory would take over in no time and the labels would be moot. I'm mainly thinking about Presence and Depth FYI.

I still have a Behringer BCN44. Huge waste of space, the thing is five times as thick as necessary, but has 4 knobs and 8 buttons. And works on batteries. Actually never used it before.

I've been scouring the interwebs for a MIDI knob controller in a compact pedal format, to sit next to my AX8. Disaster Area used to make one, but it is discontinued and difficult to find used. I just want 5 or 6 pedal-style knobs (but the knobs on the AX8 top panel sure would be perfect).

I briefly considered DIY with an Arduino and a bunch of pots. Or DIY analog, where I take up 2-3 of the pedal ports for knobs instead of pedals.

If @MorningstarFX would consider building a knobby companion to the MC6, I would be ALL over it.

Back
Top Bottom