Assign multiple actions to single FC Footswitch press

IronSean

Power User
Looking at this thread about Linking the Amp and Cab block channels, a really generic solution to handle this and many more use cases would be to be able to assign multiple actions to a single FC press.

Consider this: you program FC switch 1 to increment Amp1 channel, and increment Cab1 channel. Or you configure it to increment Amp1 channel, and bypass Drive1. Or you configure it to Select Scene 5, and move to Layout 3 on the FC. This would be hugely powerful and would cover all the cases in that thread and more.

If you could assign multiple actions to the same FC instead of just one, you could do a lot of interesting things with the control setup.

I'm sure this must have been asked before but I tried searching the Wishes subform and couldn't find any threads.

Last edited:
Yes I agree. I have a couple of mine set to quickly take me to particular presets, however it always goes to the default scene. I'd like the option to be able to also select a different scene as well as the preset.

+1

Nearly every modern MIDI controller does this, and the most common can send a list of up to 16 commands on a single press.

The best idea I came up with for this was to find a way to enable the Control Switches to execute MIDI commands to the unit internally. That would give you the ability to change amp and cab simultaneously along with everything else MIDI has to offer, a best-of-both worlds for the FC. I don't know if it's possible/feasible but it seems simpler than creating new UI and options to link stuff.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ly-within-the-axe-fx-iii.152891/#post-1819193

The best idea I came up with for this was to find a way to enable the Control Switches to execute MIDI commands to the unit internally. That would give you the ability to change amp and cab simultaneously along with everything else MIDI has to offer, a best-of-both worlds for the FC. I don't know if it's possible/feasible but it seems simpler than creating new UI and options to link stuff.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ly-within-the-axe-fx-iii.152891/#post-1819193
Totally. Right now if I have something complicated that I want to achieve, I generate a CS MIDI command from the FC12, send that to Bome MIDI Translator in my PC, translate that original CC to a batch of different MIDI commands, then send that batch of MIDI commands back to the AxeFX.

It would be wonderful also, keeping with the original idea of not primarily using MIDI with the FC6 and FC12, simply to assign a footswitch button to a batch of different internal commands and custom label it. It would be wonderful also to have a cycle of batches of different commands, like having three steps in which one button changes function type each time it's tapped. I currently program this kind of cycling using the translator to achieve this.

I know multiple functions to a footswitch button has already been requested, but I'm not sure if anyone's requested cycling of footswitches yet. By this I mean three or more functions of different types, not the toggling or wrapping of certain individual parameters of a single type, like scene toggle and wrap, that have already been implemented, and which are awesome, by the way. This said, I do love the overall design philosophy and functioning of the FC12 as is, and, of course, the CS MIDI is a fine workaround for multiple function types in the meantime.

Last edited:
It would be wonderful also to have a cycle of batches of different commands, like having three steps in which one button changes function type each time it's tapped.

I had originally posted a response to myself here, but I realized I was only serving to derail this thread! I’ve taken my original response to myself that I had posted in this comment slot and created a new thread with it.

Last edited:

Loop a short MIDI cable from output to input, and CS MIDI can work "internally".

Screenshot_20221229_004832_Meme Creator.jpg

Back
Top Bottom