Assign Either Output 1 or 2 to Headphones

Ugly Bunny

Power User
I use 1/4" cables from my Axe to the mixer with my band. On the Axe III it's fine, since Output 1 has both XLR and 1/4" jacks. But on the FM3, it's only Output 2 that has 1/4" outputs. This means that I need to use both output blocks in order to play through headphones at home and be able to connect to the mixer at rehearsals and gigs. The only problem is that this takes up precious DSP - not a lot, but every little drop matters.

It would be ideal if there were an option in the I/O section to assign either output 1 or 2 as the one that got sent to the headphones.

Huh. I wonder if that means Output 2 is hardwired to the 1/4" and cannot be 'softwired' to the headphones?

Since the headphone out is hardwired to Output 1, it will always only be Output 1.

It sounds like in your setup, Output 1 and 2 are doing the same thing. Have you tried the Output 2 Copy setting? With that, you just use the Output 1 block, and the same signal goes to Output 1, Output 2, and headphones.

Since the headphone out is hardwired to Output 1, it will always only be Output 1.

It sounds like in your setup, Output 1 and 2 are doing the same thing. Have you tried the Output 2 Copy setting? With that, you just use the Output 1 block, and the same signal goes to Output 1, Output 2, and headphones.
:oops: no - but this sounds like exactly what I need! Thanks so much!

/thread lol

Back
Top Bottom