Ask your doc about your testosterone levels!

Well ,I’ll put my 2 cent in , 1 mil every two weeks for the last 4 or 5 year and the reason ,I was depressed as hell ,my testosterone levels were below 50 . In my 40’s and 50’s I lifted weights no problems ,then I stopped .that’s probably when my levels went down , I know what your thinking ,so lift weights again.
Well i may start again ,I have a gym over my shop ,smith machine ,lat machine dumbbells ,sets10lbs to 50, squat machine . Problem is I’m almost 63 , I had a drywall business in my early 20’s ,built houses ,have a cabinet shop ( lots of plywood ) I’ve beat my body up for over 45 years ,I have arthritis all over , neck and shoulders real bad .
But any way ,low testosterone, can also give you depression
It’s not like steroids, maybe if you abuse it ,but it’s helped me

It amazes me that threads like this are full of jokes. Touchy subject! Guys, it happens. Just had my checkup, my numbers are in the 500-600 range, which is normal. Before starting on TRT my number was at 200, which is way low.

I'd definitely check that PSA also ... testosterone is like gas on a fire if you have prostate cancer (as I found out a little over a year ago).

It amazes me that threads like this are full of jokes. Touchy subject! Guys, it happens. Just had my checkup, my numbers are in the 500-600 range, which is normal. Before starting on TRT my number was at 200, which is way low.
It is the media for past 50 years. They have villainized and brainwashed folks into thinking it is same as steroids. Total bullshit. They will eat vegetables, take statins, stay away from cholesterol and saturated fat. Well done FDA.....screwing up hormones since Dr Ancel Keys in late 50's.

I know a guy who started testosterone therapy. He's impossible to be around some days because his temper is uncontrollable. He flies off the handle at the slightest provocation now.

I know another guy who did testosterone therapy and promptly developed prostate cancer.

IMO you don't f*ck with this stuff. Your testosterone drops as you get older for a reason. Deal with it.
Mind you, the prostate cancer could be totally unrelated to the t-therapy. Correlation != causation

I'll be honest I went to one of those T-clinics when I was in my early 40s. It was 100% insurance covered and I figured "what the hey?" if it's costing me nothing. I felt a little bit of pep for the first couple of weeks, then that tapered off. The place just didn't feel professional. The staff seemed to be mostly 20-something cute sorority girl types. They were giggling and playing around and not really acting like a professional medical office staff. Like the management was trying to fill the place with young eye candy for middle aged men wanting to recapture their 20s.

Eventually, I figured that even if it was free it wasn't having any effect. So, I stopped going.

Back
Top Bottom