As usual, I strayed from the beaten paths

The trick to that chorus is that it only applies the chorus effect to one speaker. The other one is dry signal.
It was distinctly different in a cool pleasing way...and caught on fast.

To my ears a definitive stereo effect ...

I think the marketing dept really missed the mark on the Space Station, and the technology came out a little before the market was ready for it. These have been out for years after all, but modeling wasn’t nearly as popular as it has became today.

“problem” with the space station is that it can’t (IMO) replace a typical monitor speaker, be it mono or stereo. It also doesn’t replace a true stereo rig.

because keyboard guys were pairing the older ones with subs they thought to do the XL, but that made it even more expensive and heavy, and isnt really needed for guitar.

not too many people want to buy a $1000+ speaker that doesn’t sound nearly as good as a CLR, doesn’t do true stereo, needs to be located in a room near the wall to sound best etc....

what there are however are tons of home players who enjoy “amp in room” tone, and who would really enjoy the effect in their bedroom, basement etc, where it sounds it’s best, for doing modulation effects. This is exactly what I love about the unit.

they should of built it a bit smaller and cheaper, marketed it as $400 guitar modeler FRFR accessory item, for enhancing the “in the room” effect and I bet they would of had a big seller.

heck, built a chorus or rotary effect into the amp, so you plug in a single Input, it gives it a modulation effect and the pseudo stereo processing and it sounds awesome.

closest thing to a real spinning speaker or baffle, with zero moving parts, but you’d swear there was lol

Back
Top Bottom