Artists you would like to see using Fractal

I always finding it interesting to see what people are using, but I personally can't say I really would care in the slightest if anyone I like starts using an Axe-Fx. I've suggested it to friends of course based on great sound, ease of setup/tear down, ease of recording late night etc, but just can't see how, lets say one of my hero's, David Gilmour or Slash, using an Axe would really make my unit any better, or me play any better etc.

Its no different than if such and such guitar starts using the same style of guitar as I have, or driving the same car, or using the same brand of deodorant. Don't get me wrong, probably be a fun conversation to learn that Slash and I both use Degree for Men and have the same favorite shows, foods etc, but if we don't, does it really change anything ?

If someone uses a Marshall and I prefer a Fender for my own music, does it change my enjoyment of their music even though its different than mine ? If they switch to a Fender does that someone make me seem like a smarter consumer or better musician ?

For me, doesn't really matter if my top 10 guitarist ALL switch to Axe-Fx or if none of them are using it, because they are doing what works for them, and I'm doing what works for me. For my needs and sounds, its been fantastic.

For me, it's not at all about the 'cache' of someone I admire using it. More to the point: I'd like to see Gilmour get his tone with it. The guitarists I've really liked have had their own tone (and, yes, a lot of it's in the fingers, not the gear!) - and it'd be fun to see 'em nail it with the Axe. And getting that Marrilon dude to switch might save a roadie's life someday! Though I admit: I had a Sound Sculpture Switchblade, and it was a great, bullet-proof piece of gear! Didn't need it after the Axe. I don't get ALL the sounds I used to get, by my rack is a lot simpler, and I only have one stomp box on the floor (Boomerang III). That dude is an obvious GAS victim - 2 mongo racks!

Easy...
Zakk Wylde, but that's never going to happen.
Next,
Metallica....
This could happen in theory, especially with Kirk Hammett who keeps up with technology. But I bet it would be for effects only has he is currently woring on a new amp with Friedman and Randall amps.

I did say earlier, I couldn't care less who uses Fractal products or not as long as they're happy with the gear they have. But I will admit, should Eric Johnson, Joe Bonamassa or John Mayer ever switch their entire rig to an Axe FX II, it would certainly catch my attention.

Steve Howe of Yes. Saw them on their most recent tour and it's still amazing to see how hard he works live, but he uses a POD HD500 now.

I'm almost surprised he hasn't been exposed or made the change, because he uses the POD precisely for the convenience and reduction in the amount of outboard gear he needs. However, he's a big proponent of the Variax and all the alternate tunings and different instruments it provides (12 string, sitar, etc.) so maybe that's why he's not interested yet.

I think the gear fetishists who can afford to maintain that lifestyle will never go exclusively with any piece of gear, whether it's a modeler or not. Someone like Joe Bonamassa clearly enjoys the historical and artistic significance of a piece of gear as much as the tone he can get out it. I've seen him several times and the tour before last I think he played a different guitar on almost every tune. He clearly doesn't need all the gear that he owns. I think he'd probably like an AxeFx if he tried one and it wouldn't surprise me if he added one to his rig, but I don't think he'd give up on the pedals, amps, and guitars. That's all part of the fun.

Scorpions
Deep Purple
Yngwie Malmsteen
Iron Maiden
Ritchie Blackmore (decides to play rock again:eek:, after getting his hands on an AxeII)
Whitesnake

Easy...
Zakk Wylde, but that's never going to happen.
Next,
Metallica....
This could happen in theory, especially with Kirk Hammett who keeps up with technology. But I bet it would be for effects only has he is currently woring on a new amp with Friedman and Randall amps.

I'm certain I saw kirk and an axe-fx behind him in some sort of interviuew on youtube

We know Pat Metheny has (or had) 2 Ultras.

1) Did he ever get a II...?
2) Has he ever played with any of them in public? (or confirmed studio use)

ANDY JAMES, SLASH, ZAKK......BUT REALLY, I WANT TO SEE AT STEVE VAI PLAYING WITH FRACTAL NOT LIKE A EFFECT RACK....I WANT TO HEAR STEVE PLAYING WITH FRACTAL AMPS...

Back
Top Bottom