Artists you would like to see using Fractal

Steve Howe of Yes. Saw them on their most recent tour and it's still amazing to see how hard he works live, but he uses a POD HD500 now.

I would like to see more FX based sounds. Thinking e.g. of what DonPeterson did on the ultra; El Capistan, Fibonacci Delays etc.

Whomever finds a need to use a Fractal product... if they're otherwise happy with the gear the have, then let's be happy for them.

I would really like to see Todd Rungren giving up Line-6 and get on the Axe bandwagon.

WOW! That rig must have cost a marillion dollars back in the day!:stupid:

Steve Rothery from Marillion. He is using two giant refrigerators with an ultra-complex setup. Sound-sculpture Switchblade routing, etc...

Steve%20Rothery.jpg

And Sir David Gilmour, of course.

My band got to open for Jeff loomis last year and he was using an ultra and a behringer fcb

Travis now uses the Axe FX II, him and I talk often and exchange patches haha. He's the man \m/ For their latest soilwork tour he also borrowed Jeff's MFC

Jeff was using the Kemper rack for this last tour, but from what I heard he really really enjoyed Firmware 10.

I always finding it interesting to see what people are using, but I personally can't say I really would care in the slightest if anyone I like starts using an Axe-Fx. I've suggested it to friends of course based on great sound, ease of setup/tear down, ease of recording late night etc, but just can't see how, lets say one of my hero's, David Gilmour or Slash, using an Axe would really make my unit any better, or me play any better etc.

Its no different than if such and such guitar starts using the same style of guitar as I have, or driving the same car, or using the same brand of deodorant. Don't get me wrong, probably be a fun conversation to learn that Slash and I both use Degree for Men and have the same favorite shows, foods etc, but if we don't, does it really change anything ?

If someone uses a Marshall and I prefer a Fender for my own music, does it change my enjoyment of their music even though its different than mine ? If they switch to a Fender does that someone make me seem like a smarter consumer or better musician ?

For me, doesn't really matter if my top 10 guitarist ALL switch to Axe-Fx or if none of them are using it, because they are doing what works for them, and I'm doing what works for me. For my needs and sounds, its been fantastic.

Yes, Paul Gilbert. His new record Vibrato is very good, way much better than a typical shred guru album.

Paul Gilbert would indeed be a good addition to the Fractal family, I'm surprised he hasnt because he could get his tone at super low volumes. Would probably help with his hearing issues for sure!!

Waclaw Kieltyka, Friedman, Campbell (Dio era)...and maybe Mark and Willie from LOG could help sort out everyone's Mesa woes!

t just can't see how, lets say one of my hero's, David Gilmour or Slash, using an Axe would really make my unit any better, or me play any better etc.

If David Gilmour shares his Axe-FX presets with me, it would really make my unit better. Having a clone of his tone would make me happier, therefore I would play better :)

You've got to realize that EVH and Slash have their own signature amps and guitars that are their main incomes. They simply can't go Fractal probably ever.

Also... I don't really care who uses the Axe-Fx. It needs no further confirmation from artists. I don't want people to use the Axe so my tone is better than theirs. :D

Also.. if everyone used an Axe-Fx then no one would design new amps and that would end guitar amp evolution.

I'd like to see the Artist's that use the AxeFx2 only for FX use the axe for Amps too!

Steve Vai? Has own signature amplifier. Petrucci? Endorses Mesa. Etc. They would start losing money if they dropped their business deals. I'm sure the amps could be there for show only but business is everything and since people don't buy music anymore this is the only way.

Back
Top Bottom