Artist Video: Synyster Gates of A7X Makes the Switch to the III

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Proud to announce the latest Artist Series video I've produced for Fractal with the immensely talented Brian Haner, better known as Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold. Big thanks to Brian for such a great interview and to Cliff & Co. for making it happen.

I should also note, Brian and I produced a Cab Pack during our rig sessions that's now available for sale on Syn's website. Link in the video description!

He nails my view on DMAs in general - it doesn't matter much how much like <fill in amp name> it sounds. What matter is that it sounds/feels good.

The never-DMA camp likes to say "Well, I don't need 100 sounds", which totally misses the point, which is that I get sounds I like...and I get them with zero hassle and at any volume level I want.

He sums it all up at 1:30 where he says it's not about that the AxeFx III can nail amps. We know it can. It's about the creation of any tone you want. The only limitation is a lack of imagination on our part. His last comment about working from the ground up is a profound one to me.

Great job Cooper! As ALWAYS!!!!!!!

He sums it all up at 1:30 where he says it's not about that the AxeFx III can nail amps. We know it can. It's about the creation of any tone you want. The only limitation is a lack of imagination on our part. His last comment about working from the ground up is a profound one to me.

Great job Cooper! As ALWAYS!!!!!!!

+1.

And how does he make that mean looking guitar sound so purty?

my first impression on reading this was 'wasn't this the guy who was diehard tube amp all the way and who didn't like modelers at all?'. I feel like Hell just froze over and cats and dogs just made world peace together.

I absolutely love what he says about using it sound like yourself. The Axe can cop any tone you like, but most importantly it's the quickest, easiest and best place to find your tone. Brilliant video Cooper, this is inspiring!

Back
Top Bottom