Artist Showcase Rocco Pezzin: My favorite FW 19 hi-gain tones [w/presets]

Hi,

Presets sound nice.
Can I ask why two separate paths on some presets?
Would that not just double the output volume?

Thanks! That's something I used to do a lot with my old patches, on the newer ones I tend to stick with a single chain, it just makes the effects blend in a slightly different way, I feel like I have more control over my main tone and it's helpful when you wanna pan the effects only to one side while keeping the main tone centered

Thank you! Seymour Duncan Custom in the bridge + '59 in the neck..killer combo! :)

Rocco, did you have to do much to the guitar when you got it?

I owned a Chapman guitar a while back (an ML1) and it was pretty badly set up when I got it. Took a lot of work to get it right, but it was a great guitar after I'd sorted it.

Amazing tones and playing! Love the Nuno-influenced playing for the JVM section.

Your Tremonti-inspired video is one of my favourite guitar videos ever. I never get bored of it.

Cheers,

Danny.

Rocco, great tones, awesome technique.

Tried the presets 2 days ago, they translate well.
Great tones with simple settings. Sustain for days.

Liked the JVM and HBE the most, because they sound more upfront, where the 6160 and 5153 seem to come more from the back of the speakers.

Rocco, did you have to do much to the guitar when you got it?

I owned a Chapman guitar a while back (an ML1) and it was pretty badly set up when I got it. Took a lot of work to get it right, but it was a great guitar after I'd sorted it.

Amazing tones and playing! Love the Nuno-influenced playing for the JVM section.

Your Tremonti-inspired video is one of my favourite guitar videos ever. I never get bored of it.

Cheers,

Danny.

hey man, thanks a lot! I haven't done any mods on mine! I just set it up like all my other guitars (half step down, Daddarios 9-46) and was ready to go! Was your ML1 one from the first run (the chinese one)? I have an old ML2 from that run and since they changed factory to Korea the quality on the instruments is on a whole nother level (they're now being produced in the same factory that makes LTDs, Prs SE, Schechter, Dean etc), no flaws at all on mine!

Last edited:
Rocco, great tones, awesome technique.

Tried the presets 2 days ago, they translate well.
Great tones with simple settings. Sustain for days.

Liked the JVM and HBE the most, because they sound more upfront, where the 6160 and 5153 seem to come more from the back of the speakers.

thanks dude, I too tend to gravitate towards Marshall-type sims for the same exact reason you've mentioned, the 1959plexi is another favorite of mine! :)

Nice sounding video, wish I had anXL to try the presets...

Thanks for sharing...

Cant use the presets tho. It would be so nice to have a XL-->Original conversion utility or just be able to import the presets into axe-edit with, if any, invalid blocks greyed out.

you might find this helpful, I've made some screenshots of the patches so you can actually see what's going on in the amp and cab sections

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mefuqp64a8yz5z4/AABzSrKHuqJNyChcoMFDXpaRa?dl=0

needless to say you should adjust these to your liking, they might not translate 100% on your setup, guitar etc but it's a good starting point imo :)

Really great video... It would be nice to have that for the non-XL axe. I about lost it when I heard the Vito Bratta-esque runs in there. More vids bro...you're killing it!

IMHO best Hi-Gain sounds I've ever heard on the AF II. Great playing too.

Thanks for sharing, unfortunally not compatible with the Mk1/2 :(

[EDIT]Didn't see the dropbox pictures you posted. Thanks, that helps a lot!![/EDIT]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom