Artist presets

ian081820

Hello everyone I'm new to all this and was hoping for some help. Not being very computer savvy I'm struggling to figure out how to download an artist preset ( Devin Townsend ). Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone I'm new to all this and was hoping for some help. Not being very computer savvy I'm struggling to figure out how to download an artist preset ( Devin Townsend ). Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
I just download it and put it on my desktop and then drop it right into the window that shows the current preset and then you can choose to save it at the current location or to a different slot if you want.

I moved it to the desktop and tried to drop it in the window then it said ... unable to import file.The selected file format is not supported ?

Download the presets from https://www.fractalaudio.com/DevinTownsendFractalAudioPresets.zip

Unzip them.

Open FM3-Edit and open Tools>Preset Manager from the Tools menu. Drag the folder of unzipped presets into the left side of the window. You can drag the entire folder or all the individual files. The editor will scan them and present them in the browser.

You can drag them from the browser to the preset space en masse, or audition them one by one (but you won't be able to listen to individual scenes). After dragging them to the preset space click Save and the moved presets will write to the FM3, which can take a minute, then Close the window.

You can't drag a preset into a preset window, only a block. Both are .syx files so it's difficult to tell except by the name. The editor will tell you though, as you found out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom