ART S8 Mic Splitter (and other splitter) Question

pjrake

Inspired
I'm running an IEM rig with our own mixer and giving the soundguy our XLR tails for the FOH. We're pretty much splitting the main vocals, bass, kick, and snare using an ART S8 MIc Splitter rack. My question is which of the two OUTS should we give the soundguy: the Direct Out or the ISO Transformer Out?

The inspiration came from this video, and our setup is very similar, except the mixer. We're running (or going to, on its way) the new Behringer x32 rack. The second video is a different setup but uses the ART S8 splitters. The third video is a Jamhub IEM rig (pretty cool, actually!).

Thanks!

-PJ

Based on what's in the ART OM..

"Connect corresponding DIRECT MICROPHONE OUTPUT to mic input on main mixer (switch phantom power on at mixer if desired).
Connect corresponding TRANSFORMER ISOLATED MICROPHONE OUTPUT to mic input on secondary mixer or recording system. "

Looks to me like you should use the DIRECT OUT's to the sound guy..

Depends mostly where you want to get your phantom power from.

Generally the directs go to FOH - so it's just like there was no splitter. That's where you get phantom from.

The transformer isolated outs go to your IEM or recording rig. These prevent any other source of voltage (another phantom power source) from entering the system.

Depends mostly where you want to get your phantom power from.

Generally the directs go to FOH - so it's just like there was no splitter. That's where you get phantom from.

The transformer isolated outs go to your IEM or recording rig. These prevent any other source of voltage (another phantom power source) from entering the system.

That's what I've always done too.

Direct to the stage box and iso outs to monitor desk / recording desk.

Back
Top Bottom