Arrrgh - Ibanez tremolo parts needed

Shenks

Experienced
My faithful Ibanez Prestige with Edge Pro tremolo decided it was going to throw a spanner in the works...

After some dismantling I can see that the trem block no longer sits perpendicular to the base plate. A closer inspection reveals that the casting seems to have warped/bent because after full dismantling the bolts go into the block at a severe angle... I guess the alloy isn't exactly a 'quality' item.

I've looked on fleabay and googled for an age but cannot locate any replacement blocks in the UK.

Anybody any advice or pointers as to where to find one?
(I'm not concerned whether it is a brass, steel, or titanium, or any other metal)

Thanks to those that have suggested Ibanez Rules - I've just sent Rich an email so see if he can ship to the UK and what sort of cost is involved.

As to buying a whole new tremolo (whether an Edge Pro or a swap for a FR)... that's something I want to avoid if possible.

Strictly speaking I'd like to be able to order from the UK just for speed, but trying to find a replacement trem block in the UK is proving to be an impossible task. If I knew somebody who could machine one for me that would be another option, but unfortunately...

Quite happy for others to provide alternative sources too.

Got a reply back from Rich at IbanezRules... no go unfortunately as it seems he doesn't have any and can't source them.

Edit: real speedy response just a shame it wasn't more positive.

If you get really stuck I have an ordinal block from an edge pro you can have, I have a brass one on my 2550z so the original is just sitting in a bag.

Let me know if you want it, I don't want anything for it, so just sort the postage

@Maxsys - that's a really generous offer and I very much appreciate it. I'll wait until Cottam Guitars get back to me if only because I would like to replace the block with a brass version for a bit more mass.

Just to check... I need the 5 bolt hole version, is that what your 'spare' one is?

@Maxsys - that's a really generous offer and I very much appreciate it. I'll wait until Cottam Guitars get back to me if only because I would like to replace the block with a brass version for a bit more mass.

Just to check... I need the 5 bolt hole version, is that what your 'spare' one is?
Pretty sure it is, I will dig it out tomorrow just to confirm.

Excellent news... let me know and we can sort something out. At the very least it would sort me out until I can find an upgraded brass/titanium block.

Back
Top Bottom