Arrrggghh my wife sucks at tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother can't even figure out how to use a microwave oven.
Literally every day she's confused about something, has trouble doing something, can't get her something to work.
Literally. Every. Day.
Not most days. All.
I help, lather rinse repeat.

Arrrggghh.
That is all.

Yes,,,, But where'd we be without them. ???????

Admin,,,,,without your mom's genetics --there would be several thousand musicians without the Greatest Sound effects and equipment in the world.
I bet she's quite the lady.

"Mine" doesn't have her driving licence.... :tearsofjoy:
That's a choice. You need to arrange your life accordingly if you make it, but it's a decision a person can make.

So is not using tech gadgets. So, I guess, is electing to use them when that really means asking people around you to do the things.

And I don't mind some of that, it just gets old sometimes.

That's a choice. You need to arrange your life accordingly if you make it, but it's a decision a person can make.

So is not using tech gadgets. So, I guess, is electing to use them when that really means asking people around you to do the things.

And I don't mind some of that, it just gets old sometimes.
No everything is fine except the DL but since 88 I got the time to get used to it haha

That's pretty much the only piece of tech my wife can operate. It's also the only way she knows how to cook. I have to walk her through turning on the regular oven, and that's only when I call her to have her put it on "Warm" when I'm bringing pizza home. I do all the actual cooking in our house.

I have the reverse problem. My Wife is fine with the tech on her phone, computer, and home entertainment system. I walked into the kitchen on Friday and she has the toaster over plugged in sitting over the simmer burner (turned off) on the gas stove while the second most powerful burner that is at a diagonal to the simmer burner (and toaster over) is on full and she's frying up some pot stickers.

Same here. Lucky she depends on me for help. If she could figure out all the tech stuff she wouldn't need me for anything. That would be bad news for me.

Literally every day she's confused about something, has trouble doing something, can't get her something to work.
Literally. Every. Day.
Not most days. All.
I help, lather rinse repeat.

Arrrggghh.
That is all.
You think you've got it bad. When mine has these troubles I get the blame like I'm the one that invented the tech.

Part of the challenge is getting people to be invested in learning. We've had a relevancy windfall in my house recently...

With my kids doing remote/distance learning, I sat down with the whole family this weekend to teach them how to diagnose and discuss internet connectivity and performance problems in a knowledgable way.

We looked at the structure of computer networks, the role that different Internet entities and technologies play (backbone, WAN/LAN, ISPs, IP Addressing, DNS, ethernet, wifi, client settings, etc.).

We then studied how to identify specific problems, and what to do when they occur. I showed them down detector, down for everyone, 1.1.1.1, speed test sites, and more.

Our parents pose a different challenge altogether.

My mom is 78 and has a number of issues with technology - mostly because of what @Admin M@ described as not being invested. Still, she can e-mail, text message, surf the web a little, and she fights the good fight on Facebook. The worst thing she does these days is call me up freaked out that someome has her bank information for accounts she’s never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom