Arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gittarzann said:
Mark P. said:
I was told today that as #202 on the waiting list it would be around a month for me to get my discount code. It doesn't make much sense to me, but it's their business. It's kind of disappointing, but I'm so beaten down about this whole thing that I don't care. I ordered it anyway. I hope it lives up to expectations.

BUMMER!

I thought Cliff said he would have enough to kill the entire waiting list in an earlier post.

That is what we were told .... Repeatedly !

If they're being offered at full price on a first come first serve basis, then what was the purpose of a waiting list to begin with ?

The discount was supposedly a "spiff" for us signing up and showing patience ....

O.K., well then ?????? What up ??????

solo-act said:
[quote="Mike Snider":2m8ajoth]..soon after the upgrade my LED screen went blank. Xavier found me another v.1 screen here in the states- I replaced the screen at minimal cost. Unfortunately, that screen went dark a week or so later. FWIW- the v.2 screens are a completely different type of screen and will not be prone to the issue I had.
So i decided at that point to wait until the MFC came out instead of having repair work done (shipping overseas). I still use it- blind as a bat-i think it has made me a better player!
It's all good.
I'm going to give the MFC a go..I have some other ideas for the LG in my rig, ideas that dont require the screen.
My LG V1 hardware is still sitting at my house. I did the upgrade myself and no one ever asked for the parts back. So perhaps there is another screen in your immediate future.[/quote:2m8ajoth]
pm sent

R.D. said:
gittarzann said:
[quote="Mark P.":3nwqqrvw]I was told today that as #202 on the waiting list it would be around a month for me to get my discount code. It doesn't make much sense to me, but it's their business. It's kind of disappointing, but I'm so beaten down about this whole thing that I don't care. I ordered it anyway. I hope it lives up to expectations.

BUMMER!

I thought Cliff said he would have enough to kill the entire waiting list in an earlier post.

That is what we were told .... Repeatedly !

If they're being offered at full price on a first come first serve basis, then what was the purpose of a waiting list to begin with ?

The discount was supposedly a "spiff" for us signing up and showing patience ....

O.K., well then ?????? What up ??????[/quote:3nwqqrvw]

This is the same format from when there was a wait list for the Ultra's and Standards. If you want to pay full price, by all means go to the Yahoo store and purchase an MFC. If you want the discount, the wait list will be satisfied in the order it was created.

Mike Snider said:
This is the same format from when there was a wait list for the Ultra's and Standards. If you want to pay full price, by all means go to the Yahoo store and purchase an MFC. If you want the discount, the wait list will be satisfied in the order it was created.

My point was that based on the information leaked from the top, the impression left was that the MFC-101 was going to be handled differently .... :cry:

R.D. said:
[quote="Mike Snider":2gtx8sbs]This is the same format from when there was a wait list for the Ultra's and Standards. If you want to pay full price, by all means go to the Yahoo store and purchase an MFC. If you want the discount, the wait list will be satisfied in the order it was created.

My point was that based on the information leaked from the top, the impression left was that the MFC-101 was going to be handled differently .... :cry:[/quote:2gtx8sbs]

I thought so too.

I sold my Liquidfoot Pro based on that info.

What did this info mean then, that was posted originally? WTF does "reserve list" mean, is that a different list than the "waiting list" ? I didn't get on the list to get a discount, but rather hoped I could get one sooner. Apparently that's meaningless now.

MFC-101 AVAILABILITY

We are currently distributing a limited number of units to artists, betatesters, and others. We will begin to fill reserve list orders later this month, and shortly thereafter, the MFC-101 will be made available for general ordering in our web store.

To be added to the reserve list, US and Canadian customers should email sales@fractalaudio.com

Customers in other parts of the world should contact our representative for their region.

(That is straight from the website)

I agree. What was the purpose of the waiting list? I can save $100 a couple of months AFTER the rest of the world gets theirs?!?!?! Doesn't make sense. :(

bstaley said:
I agree. What was the purpose of the waiting list? I can save $100 a couple of months AFTER the rest of the world gets theirs?!?!?! Doesn't make sense. :(

+1

I've stayed quiet on this whole issue just patiently waiting for the day the email shows up as many as of here have/are doing but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed as well as to how this is going down. I too thought it was said that the first big order that came in was to satisfy the wait list orders. Is it going to kill me to wait a little longer, of course not, I've been on the list since 7/08. I can still use my GCP, it serves the purpose and I haven't sold it yet. I'd really like to have it but not bad enough to give up the discount, I guess I'll just keep waiting.

bstaley wrote:

+1

Why did I email FAS 3 times to make sure I was indeed on the waiting list if the waiting list is completely meaningless? (I didn't get a response the first 2 times, but that's not the answer to my question ;) .)

This is strange.

holdenhinkle said:
bstaley wrote:

+1

Why did I email FAS 3 times to make sure I was indeed on the waiting list if the waiting list is completely meaningless? (I didn't get a response the first 2 times, but that's not the answer to my question ;) .)

This is strange.

+1. Wait list since June 08. I'm dyin for the thing but I'd feel like a putz if I pissed away $100 discount now. For all I know my email will arrive tomorrow. Maybe if Cliff could clarify how this works and some rough idea of the email schedule (maybe #202 is a month out but my spot is sooner?).

I know the logistics of shipping this many orders all at once is no easy trick.. so maybe the wait list/descount is a means to stagger shipments so they can keep on top of it. Anyway.. I'll try to be patient.

Robboman said:
+1. Wait list since June 08. I'm dyin for the thing but I'd feel like a putz if I pissed away $100 discount now. For all I know my email will arrive tomorrow. Maybe if Cliff could clarify how this works and some rough idea of the email schedule (maybe #202 is a month out but my spot is sooner?).

I know the logistics of shipping this many orders all at once is no easy trick.. so maybe the wait list/descount is a means to stagger shipments so they can keep on top of it. Anyway.. I'll try to be patient.
Yea, and it's not just shipping. It's sending out notification emails in batches, in order. Then waiting for those people to respond, and then to eventually pay for the MFC, and then shipping that batch out. And then starting over with the next batch of people. And how many are on the waiting list? 400? 500? More?

Depending on how long they want to give people to come up with the cash (when their name is called), there could be a lot of waiting on Fractal's part.

Also, they are probably testing each unit to make sure it works right before shipping them out. That by itself takes a HUGE amount of time.

I would love some clarification on this waiting list thing. Maybe it was my own assumptions, but from everything I read up to this point, I was thinking that when the big shipment came in that mass emails would be going out to everyone on the waiting list up to the amount of mfc's there were available.
Cliff, please tell me that this whole waiting list thing doesn't mean that we continue to wait while the mfc's from this shipment are sold out from under us.
In my personal opinion, if anyone and everyone can just go buy a MFC now while those on the waiting list wait for their magic email, then it should have been called the "coupon list" because in my 41 years on this planet, it's been my experience that people on waiting lists get first crack at the product discount or not.
Please clarify this because if all this time, I've been waiting and will continue to wait on the "coupon list" then I'll just buy one so I'm not stuck waiting on the next shipment and competing against those willing to pay full price. Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like anyone willing to pay full price gets to jump to the top of the "waiting list" and buy one. If I'm wrong, my apologies. If I'm right, I guess I feel deceived.

I'll shut up now,
Steve

guittarzzan said:
I would love some clarification on this waiting list thing. Maybe it was my own assumptions, but from everything I read up to this point, I was thinking that when the big shipment came in that mass emails would be going out to everyone on the waiting list up to the amount of mfc's there were available.
Cliff, please tell me that this whole waiting list thing doesn't mean that we continue to wait while the mfc's from this shipment are sold out from under us.
In my personal opinion, if anyone and everyone can just go buy a MFC now while those on the waiting list wait for their magic email, then it should have been called the "coupon list" because in my 41 years on this planet, it's been my experience that people on waiting lists get first crack at the product discount or not.
Please clarify this because if all this time, I've been waiting and will continue to wait on the "coupon list" then I'll just buy one so I'm not stuck waiting on the next shipment and competing against those willing to pay full price. Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like anyone willing to pay full price gets to jump to the top of the "waiting list" and buy one. If I'm wrong, my apologies. If I'm right, I guess I feel deceived.

I'll shut up now,
Steve

Damn, we are an unruly bunch. When I was looking at buying an Ultra, I had the choice of putting my name on a waiting list and waiting - for who knows how long or buying one outright at full price. Apparently, FAS kept some fraction of each batch on hand as immediate replacements for defective units and as stock available for those willing to pay full price. I choose to buy outright at full price. At the same time lot's of people were complaining that about how long they had to wait to get a reduced price via a coupon worth a few hundred if memory serves.

Fast forward to today:
Shipments for the MFC have finally arrived. FAS has graciously offered a $100 savings for those who have waiting so long to buy this unit. Keep in mind that until what a month ago, you couldn't buy a MFC at any price - it just wasn't available. Then FAS offers 5 units for sale at full price and lot's of waiting-list people are bitching because they were still waiting.

Now the shipments are finally rolling in and people are bitching that they may have to wait a little bit longer to be able to buy their units with the $100 coupon??? What is the problem here??

Someone posted that they were number #202 on the waiting list and that FAS said it might be a month before they get that far into the waiting list. Note that there are only about 20 business days in a standard month. If FAS Processes ten coupons / waiting list names each business day - it would take about a month to get up to #200.

Again what's the big deal? Either wait (patiently, quietly) or don't. It's only $100 bucks. If it's not worth your trouble to wait then pay full price and rub our noses in the fact that you've got your unit in hand while we are still waiting. Otherwise wait and understand that FAS is a very small company. The MFC unit is finally for sale. Get over this sense that you are owned anything. FAS is a business try to make their way in a tough market - cut them some slack. OK ?

I don't really know where I am on the list. My email was acknowledged among lots of other on 6/30/08 or so. So in about two weeks I should get the opportunity to buy a MFC for $100 off. Cool - but I would have paid full price anyway. It's $100 folks. Let's keep things in perspective.

cheers,

Really there is no reason to have expected that all on the waiting list would get all of the units first at a discount. If the waiting list was for full price units then I could see that. Truthfully the discount is a bargain, the full price is fair and a bargain too IMO. Fractal has the right to do both, honor the discount for the waiters and get full price for units from those who do not wish to wait.

The fact is that the discount is the trade off for waiting a bit longer to own the product, just like day old bread (only the unit will not be stale), it will just come in a bit later. BTW, it's not just Fractal, this is a tested and common business practice. Have you ever bought a hot new auto model? It's sticker price at first then discounts start to kick in and yes they also have waiting lists. In fact, the fact that Fractal is willing to sell units now for less when they could get more seems like a huge gesture of support for their user base.

It's a little odd that everyone seems to want to have their cake (lower price) and eat it too (first units). Cliff and company have spent countless hours creating this product and they deserve to sell them for the price they want to sell them for. The fact that they offered a "gift" of a discount in order to build a waiting list does not entitle us to control how they distribute the units. Remember they probably needed the list to gauge support for the unit.

Finally, if you really look inside, I suspect that some of this is about personal desire. How many of us on the list would be happy to let Fractal sell half of the in stock units to the list for a discount and half at full price to anyone else, once they have theirs at the discount? We are passionate gear geeks. Let's not forget that. What is the number of units they should sell to the list before they begin to get full price? I think I was number 187 so my answer is 188. ;) See what I mean?

I have been on the list for a year or more, I could have waited and saved $100 or paid more today and not waited. Today Fractal gave me a choice. That seems fair to me and it also seems fair to Fractal to me.

Steve

Jed said:
Damn, we are an unruly bunch. When I was looking at buying an Ultra, I had the choice of putting my name on a waiting list and waiting - for who knows how long or buying one outright at full price. Apparently, FAS kept some fraction of each batch on hand as immediate replacements for defective units and as stock available for those willing to pay full price. I choose to buy outright at full price. At the same time lot's of people were complaining that about how long they had to wait to get a reduced price via a coupon worth a few hundred if memory serves.

Fast forward to today:
Shipments for the MFC have finally arrived. FAS has graciously offered a $100 savings for those who have waiting so long to buy this unit. Keep in mind that until what a month ago, you couldn't buy a MFC at any price - it just wasn't available. Then FAS offers 5 units for sale at full price and lot's of waiting-list people are bitching because they were still waiting.

Now the shipments are finally rolling in and people are bitching that they may have to wait a little bit longer to be able to buy their units with the $100 coupon??? What is the problem here??

Someone posted that they were number #202 on the waiting list and that FAS said it might be a month before they get that far into the waiting list. Note that there are only about 20 business days in a standard month. If FAS Processes ten coupons / waiting list names each business day - it would take about a month to get up to #200.

Again what's the big deal? Either wait (patiently, quietly) or don't. It's only $100 bucks. If it's not worth your trouble to wait then pay full price and rub our noses in the fact that you've got your unit in hand while we are still waiting. Otherwise wait and understand that FAS is a very small company. The MFC unit is finally for sale. Get over this sense that you are owned anything. FAS is a business try to make their way in a tough market - cut them some slack. OK ?

I don't really know where I am on the list. My email was acknowledged among lots of other on 6/30/08 or so. So in about two weeks I should get the opportunity to buy a MFC for $100 off. Cool - but I would have paid full price anyway. It's $100 folks. Let's keep things in perspective.

cheers,

+1 couldn't agree more.

I get it that people on the waiting list want first bite at the apple, but look at it from Cliff's perspective: he is a small business owner. He deals in high end products with limited market share in an uncertain economy. If he has 200 MFCs sitting in the stock room, that $100.00 discount is costing him $20 grand in revenue. Can't blame him for offering some units up at full price.

In addition, in regards to "one more month of wait" for #200 on the list- if I was Cliff, I would be shipping units out slowly. You can never predict when a new product might have a bug, or some hardware flaw. He would be screwed if he got a few hundred units out the door before realizing that there was an issue that required mass returns for repair or refund. Letting new users "test" the product for a few weeks, while shipping out orders slowly is a smart move IMHO.

-Phil

SBRocket said:
Really there is no reason to have expected that all on the waiting list would get all of the units first at a discount. If the waiting list was for full price units then I could see that. Truthfully the discount is a bargain, the full price is fair and a bargain too IMO. Fractal has the right to do both, honor the discount for the waiters and get full price for units from those who do not wish to wait.

The fact is that the discount is the trade off for waiting a bit longer to own the product, just like day old bread (only the unit will not be stale), it will just come in a bit later. BTW, it's not just Fractal, this is a tested and common business practice. Have you ever bought a hot new auto model? It's sticker price at first then discounts start to kick in and yes they also have waiting lists. In fact, the fact that Fractal is willing to sell units now for less when they could get more seems like a huge gesture of support for their user base.

It's a little odd that everyone seems to want to have their cake (lower price) and eat it too (first units). Cliff and company have spent countless hours creating this product and they deserve to sell them for the price they want to sell them for. The fact that they offered a "gift" of a discount in order to build a waiting list does not entitle us to control how they distribute the units. Remember they probably needed the list to gauge support for the unit.

Finally, if you really look inside, I suspect that some of this is about personal desire. How many of us on the list would be happy to let Fractal sell half of the in stock units to the list for a discount and half at full price to anyone else, once they have theirs at the discount? We are passionate gear geeks. Let's not forget that. What is the number of units they should sell to the list before they begin to get full price? I think I was number 187 so my answer is 188. ;) See what I mean?

I have been on the list for a year or more, I could have waited and saved $100 or paid more today and not waited. Today Fractal gave me a choice. That seems fair to me and it also seems fair to Fractal to me.

Steve

Well said !! Thanks for being reasonable, intelligent and articulate, . . and vocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom